The Student Room Group

What is the largest credit limit someone has on one of their cards?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by john2054
5 digits huh? but how much exactly? I'm not encouraging this, only enquiring!

But why? Would you go up to a person on the street and ask them how much they earned?
Reply 21
Original post by Duncan2012
But why? Would you go up to a person on the street and ask them how much they earned?

never mind
Reply 22
Original post by the bear
i have a Trump Star Card. it has $1 Billion instant access + special bonus features :hubba:

lol you crack me up.
I have a limit of £50,000 for one of my cards.
Original post by Duncan2012
Highest credit card is 5-digits. Another card is unlimited (a charge card which needs to be paid off each month). Having a large limit shouldn't be a goal. Generally speaking you shouldn't be using up the limit. Encouraging other people to get higher credit limits is frankly bizarre and borderline irresponsible.

You said everything I was going to say here.
Reply 25
Original post by jay2013
I have a limit of £50,000 for one of my cards.

i doubt that very much somehow jay
Reply 26
Original post by iEthan
You said everything I was going to say here.

go away
Reply 27
Original post by jamesthehustler

@Reue
do what you do best here

Hmm?
Reply 28
What about you guys?

Honestly not a clue, never come close to hitting any limits. Only time i use a credit card is for Section 75 protection and spending whilst abroad
Reply 29
Original post by Reue
Honestly not a clue, never come close to hitting any limits. Only time i use a credit card is for Section 75 protection and spending whilst abroad

Is this hidden messaging, or what do you mean by this??
Reply 30
Original post by Reue

I've just googled it.
Reply 31
Is this hidden messaging, or what do you mean by this??

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/section-75-of-the-consumer-credit-act
Mine is £2k. Never hit it though. Just tend to use for going abroad and more expensive items.
i doubt that very much somehow jay

Okay :smile:
How much do you earn?

this year currently I am looking at about £220,000
but I need that to rise before I consider that I've truly made it that would be somewhere between £750,000- £1,000,000
£5800 on my Sainsbury Credit Card.
Original post by DarlingtonViking
I'm nearly 20, and my credit limit is £4,500 with American Express. I'm a part-time student, and work full time (previously for the most talked about government body on this forum). My salary is about £21,000 (pre-tax, NI, Pension and deductions) for reference. I pay back everything in full, each month. In total, I have £16k of a available credit, never used.

Wow, and I thought we'd stopped all that post 2008! You have £16,000 of available credit with a salary of just £21,000. Just for interest, and not for one minute suggesting you'd do this, your take home pay is roughly £1450 a month. If you'd maxed out your credit cards and they were a very average interest rate of 18%, you'd be paying £240, or 16% of your monthly take home pay just in interest!

Scary. Just out of interest, why do you feel you need such high limits at such a age, given that were you to use that available credit you'd be crippled financially?
this year currently I am looking at about £220,000
but I need that to rise before I consider that I've truly made it that would be somewhere between £750,000- £1,000,000

You earn nearly a quarter of a million pounds a year yet you spend Sunday afternoon's writing posts on The Student Room.

Interesting.
Original post by Reality Check
You earn nearly a quarter of a million pounds a year yet you spend Sunday afternoon's writing posts on The Student Room.

Interesting.

it's funny to read anti-Brexit propaganda and lefty liberals as pour a £1500 bottle of bourbon off my ivory tower
it's funny to read anti-Brexit propaganda and lefty liberals as pour a £1500 bottle of bourbon off my ivory tower

:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending