The Student Room Group

Applying to universities, which one's better?

I am applying to business courses (management courses) but I'm not sure which one to choose between LSE and CASS. They both have an entry requirement of AAA.

What are you opinions of each university and which do your recommend?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Donkey_Donkey
I am applying to business courses (management courses) but I'm not sure which one to choose between LSE and CASS. They both have an entry requirement of AAA.

What are you opinions of each university and which do your recommend?

You have 5 choices - there's no need to pick between two at this point.
Original post by PQ
You have 5 choices - there's no need to pick between two at this point.

I've already chosen 3 university courses and I'm going to add an insurance choice as well so I only have 1 choice left :smile:
I wanted to know if one has a better reviews than the other but I'll do more research.
I've already chosen 3 university courses and I'm going to add an insurance choice as well so I only have 1 choice left :smile:
I wanted to know if one has a better reviews than the other but I'll do more research.

You can apply with 4 choices now and then add your 5th choice before the jan deadline (that gives you plenty of time to visit and speak to current students).
Reply 4

I would not rely too heavily on other people's reviews unless they are largely all negative. You may have a completely different experience from these people so there is no real way of forming a base opinion on a University without going to open days, maybe even ring up the University and discuss the course with the head of the Department - they should be more than willing to talk you through why you should choose their university.
Original post by EmmaCx
I would not rely too heavily on other people's reviews unless they are largely all negative. You may have a completely different experience from these people so there is no real way of forming a base opinion on a University without going to open days, maybe even ring up the University and discuss the course with the head of the Department - they should be more than willing to talk you through why you should choose their university.

Thanks for the advice!
I thought that it's not the best way of finding about the universities either but I wasn't sure of any other quick ways.
It's just that A LOT of the things I read about CASS was quite negative (I probably didn't read everyone's views but most of them was negative) so I was getting a little worried.
I'll try to do more of my own research and ask the universities or something :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest