The Student Room Group

Sufi Challenges Shia

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MuhammadDarcy
The Lebanese, Jordanian, Syrian, Mauritanian, Egyptian, Yemeni, Palestinian, Iraqi, Malaysian, Indonesian, Tunisian, Algerian, Moroccan Sunnis say Ya Muhammad & not just the Baraylawis of the Indian Subcontinent, but the Salafis use tactics to claim that it's only Baraylawis which is false if you sit with any Major Sunni Scholars from those countries you would be enlightened as to how their beliefs and certain beliefs of the Baraylawis are Similar

No offence bro, but I've grown up around barevlis. I think I know what I'm talking about when I say they've got weird beliefs. You should go for a visit to Pakistan sometime and have a good long look around (and if you can't go, I'm sure youtube would help you out). Sure some of their beliefs will be similar but that's the same with most sub sects. But their differences, now them, they're certainly enlightening.

I did not comment directly on the usage on "Ya Muhammad" so that part doesn't apply to me anyway.
“I hereby challenge Dr Ammar Nakshawani to a public debate following his recent speech in which he attacked the Khalifate of the Prophetic companions Sayyiduna Abu Bakr Siddiq & Sayyiduna Umar and associates to them the source of terrorism

These are lies and must be challenged in public, do not hide now!”

- Shaykh Asrar Rashid

I found this interesting I wonder if Ammar Nakshawani responds

Ammar also slandered the great Imams Hassan al-Basri, Abu Hamid al-Ghazali, Jalal al-Din Rumi and several other luminaries in his recent erroneous talk on Sufism

are u a shia
Original post by IdeasForLife
No offence bro, but I've grown up around barevlis. I think I know what I'm talking about when I say they've got weird beliefs. You should go for a visit to Pakistan sometime and have a good long look around (and if you can't go, I'm sure youtube would help you out). Sure some of their beliefs will be similar but that's the same with most sub sects. But their differences, now them, they're certainly enlightening.

I did not comment directly on the usage on "Ya Muhammad" so that part doesn't apply to me anyway.

I must have misread what you wrote,

The Modern Day Baraylawis have deviated from the teachings of Ahmad Rida Khan, if you read his works he doesn't allow them to do the things that they do at the Shrines of Saints & there are hardly any true Sufis left in the Indian subcontinent only those wearing the garments of the Sufis but they are not of them

omgg ur right pakistani belifs i meant barelvi ones r wierddddddd i was one theres so much conflict between deobandi and barelvis and i searced alot deobandi tended to be the truth to be honest thats what i feel
Original post by honey55497
are u a shia

Sunni
I must have misread what you wrote,

The Modern Day Baraylawis have deviated from the teachings of Ahmad Rida Khan, if you read his works he doesn't allow them to do the things that they do at the Shrines of Saints & there are hardly any true Sufis left in the Indian subcontinent only those wearing the garments of the Sufis but they are not of them

you can get deobandi sufis who dont dance do music they just purely focus on allah and dhikr they dont do wird things
Sunni

what sect do u originate from
omgg ur right pakistani belifs i meant barelvi ones r wierddddddd i was one theres so much conflict between deobandi and barelvis and i searced alot deobandi tended to be the truth to be honest thats what i feel

If you read the works of the Deobandis a lot of their Sufic beliefs are exactly the same as Baraylawis and the teacher of the Deobandi Elders Imdadullah Muhajir Makki had the exact same beliefs as Ahmad Rida Khan & his students split into two groups those who held the same beliefs as him and Ahmad Rida Khan and the other group that had certain Salafi beliefs such as Ashraf Ali Thanwi
(edited 7 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think Ahmad Rida Khan matters too much in this conversation bro because he is dead but his followers are very much alive. And what we commented on was the beliefs of his followers today and not him (not saying I have a positive view of him but anyway). Lol yh, the Indian subcontinent is a wreck. Although I do rate the deobandis.
If you read the works of the Deobandis a lot of their Sufic beliefs are exactly the same as Baraylawis and the teacher of the Deobandi Elders Imdadullah Muhajir Makki had the exact same beliefs as Ahmad Rida Khan & his students split into two groups those who held the same beliefs as him and Ahmad Rida Khan and the other group that had certain Salafi beliefs such as Ashraf Ali Thanwi

thats a bit true however ahmed raza khan later went deeviated he does bidah lyk celebrating mawlid deoband dont do tht barelwis regard prophet hazir nazir they belive his norr deobandis disagree wiv both barelqis belive prophet is ilmul ghayb her dont need allahs help deobnand disagrees with that the old suifs are way better and ashraf ali thanvi is not a salafi bcz salafis belive allah has hands face
Twelver shiaism is extremely different from Sunni Islam.

not only twelvers but all shia are different from sunnis and most people i think even me dnt regard shia as muslims
thats a bit true however ahmed raza khan later went deeviated he does bidah lyk celebrating mawlid deoband dont do tht barelwis regard prophet hazir nazir they belive his norr deobandis disagree wiv both barelqis belive prophet is ilmul ghayb her dont need allahs help deobnand disagrees with that the old suifs are way better and ashraf ali thanvi is not a salafi bcz salafis belive allah has hands face

All Sufis around the Globe celebrate the Mawlid except for the Deobandi Sufis

If you look at the likes of Mufti Muhammad Ibn Adam al-Khawthari and others they attended the Mawlids with their teachers in Damascus and the likes of Abdul Hassan Nadwi visited the Shrines of Sufi Saints when he visited Damascus
All Sufis around the Globe celebrate the Mawlid except for the Deobandi Sufis

If you look at the likes of Mufti Muhammad Ibn Adam al-Khawthari and others they attended the Mawlids with their teachers in Damascus and the likes of Abdul Hassan Nadwi visited the Shrines of Sufi Saints when he visited Damascus

no one said u cant visit shrines u can go there and pray for them not to them also mawlid it dosent mention anywere in the quran or hadeeth to celebrate the sahabas or prophet did not do it also majority people dont celebrate it the sect which does is the sufi and barelvi but some part of sufis also deobandis salafis wahabis majorit of the people around the world do not celbrate the mawlid i was a barelvi sufi b4 but deobandis changed me cuz i looked at the truth deobandis base their sgtuff according to quran and hadeeth if there is something which is noit in quran or hadeeth they look to the pious ulema ra
The Lebanese, Jordanian, Syrian, Mauritanian, Egyptian, Yemeni, Palestinian, Iraqi, Malaysian, Indonesian, Tunisian, Algerian, Moroccan Sunnis say Ya Muhammad & not just the Baraylawis of the Indian Subcontinent, but the Salafis use tactics to claim that it's only Baraylawis which is false if you sit with any Major Sunni Scholars from those countries you would be enlightened as to how their beliefs and certain beliefs of the Baraylawis are Similar

The scholars actually distinguish between the saying of this phrase, based on what is meant by it. The person may just say it as an expression of love and longing. Afaik, most do not disagree with this. However, some say it as an invocation, to call upon the said person and seek aid from them. This is what groups such as the Barelwis often practice but other Muslims readily condemn. The problems with Barelwi theology in relation to Islam are multiple - and this is with regards to the founding member, let alone his followers. Things like made up/exaggerated narrations, made-up practices of worship, mass excommunication of other Muslims, and so on and so forth.
not only twelvers but all shia are different from sunnis and most people i think even me dnt regard shia as muslims

I've seen people mostly have major disagreements with twelver shia beliefs. I'm not saying other shia groups are right but people tend to give groups like zaydis more leeway so I don't comment on them :tongue:
I've seen people mostly have major disagreements with twelver shia beliefs. I'm not saying other shia groups are right but people tend to give groups like zaydis more leeway so I don't comment on them :tongue:

what do zaydis belive
what do zaydis belive

I don't really know bro, sorry.
I don't really know bro, sorry.

its fine then dw
what do zaydis belive

What do you think twelvers believe in?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by IRoranth