The Student Room Group

Bad predictions, russell group possibility?

Hi,
Do you think I'd be able to get offers from unis like Newcastle, Sheffield and Birmingham with predicted grades of BBB for Accounting and Finance?
I'm panicking a bit as want to get ucas sent off but dont know if i am making the right decision in applying for one of the 3 RG unis that I have mentioned.
Many thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mathsaddict1234
Hi,
Do you think I'd be able to get offers from unis like Newcastle, Sheffield and Birmingham with predicted grades of BBB for Accounting and Finance?
I'm panicking a bit as want to get ucas sent off but dont know if i am making the right decision in applying for one of the 3 RG unis that I have mentioned.
Many thanks
Kent would be a good uni for A&F I got an offer very quickly and they only ask for ABB. As good as many Russel groups when it comes down to A&F😄
Original post by dom117117
Kent would be a good uni for A&F I got an offer very quickly and they only ask for ABB. As good as many Russel groups when it comes down to A&F😄

Do you know of any other decent ones that are AAB or lower that you would recommend?
Also, do you reckon Aston would be more likely to let people in on lower grades than Birmingham?
Do you know of any other decent ones that are AAB or lower that you would recommend?
Also, do you reckon Aston would be more likely to let people in on lower grades than Birmingham?
loughborough is a great one for AAB and i think is quite lineant with grades. Durham,s good for AAB so is Reading. Once it gets lower than AAB then it's harder to find a decent uni Kent from my research is the exeption. A alright one for BBC is Swansea or Norwich uni. Good luck with your decisions😄
I think you got a alright chance with either Aston or Birmingham go with the one you like the most.
loughborough is a great one for AAB and i think is quite lineant with grades. Durham,s good for AAB so is Reading. Once it gets lower than AAB then it's harder to find a decent uni Kent from my research is the exeption. A alright one for BBC is Swansea or Norwich uni. Good luck with your decisions😄
I think you got a alright chance with either Aston or Birmingham go with the one you like the most.

Thanks for your help! Do you think I'd have a better chance with Aston or Birmingham?
Thanks for your help! Do you think I'd have a better chance with Aston or Birmingham?
Just looked both up, I'd go with Aston but they both have around the same acceptance rate but Aston higher grad salary which is what you want😄
Just looked both up, I'd go with Aston but they both have around the same acceptance rate but Aston higher grad salary which is what you want😄

How do you find out acceptance rate?
thanks but aston won't come up?
the closest I could get is accounting for management but A&F would have a similar acceptance rate

http://university.which.co.uk/aston-university-a80/accounting-for-management-4-years-9000-n420

Avoid Durham.
Original post by citibankrec
Avoid Durham.
it had good ratings for A&F tho😄
it had good ratings for A&F tho😄

you are shoved onto a campus 17 miles away from durham city.
you are shoved onto a campus 17 miles away from durham city.
yeah I get your point that's a bit long. But still a good degree, I didn't apply there tho😄
Avoid Durham.

Where would you recommend? Also, apart from RG Unis which would you say are decent?
Original post by Reality Check
You want the one where you will be happiest and thrive the most, not the one 'with the higher grad salary', for heaven's sake. University isn't just about grubbing around for the highest salary at the end of it!

I wouldn't want to be in debt and unemployed after uni. But if you just want a fun time then yeah that's 27,000 well spent.
You want the one where you will be happiest and thrive the most, not the one 'with the higher grad salary', for heaven's sake. University isn't just about grubbing around for the highest salary at the end of it!

I just wanted to know which unis people recommend or know that are rated highly other than RG unis for A&F?
I just wanted to know which unis people recommend or know that are rated highly other than RG unis for A&F?

Yes, quite. Fair point.
Yes, quite. Fair point.

What? Do you recommend any other unis apart from RG unis for A&F?
Not to be rude in any way, but isn't it a bit risky applying for unis with entrace requirements of two grades higher than your predicted (AAB with BBB predictions)? Isn't it likely that they'll look at your predicted grades and then discount you on the basis that you're very unlikely to meet their standards? Unless you can convince your teachers to improve your predicted grades or unless you have extenuating circumstances idk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending