The Student Room Group

What phone do you have?

What phone do you all use, how long have you had it and would you reccommend it to somebody looking for a new phone?
Moto X Play currently, which I enjoy but it's on its last legs after one too many drops, knocks and occasional dunks in sand. I've just ordered a OnePlus 3 to replace it when I get back home to the UK next month.
Reply 2
I have the Honor 7 and before that I had Asus Zefone 2. I would recommend both phones.
iPhone 5s ☺️ I would recommend it 👍🏼
Reply 4
IPhone 6, sure aside from beingobscenely expensive it's built like a brick **** house.
Original post by KentonW
What phone do you all use, how long have you had it and would you reccommend it to somebody looking for a new phone?

Note 4, had it for just under 2 years but looking to upgrade soon. It's a great phone, highly recommended.
Samsung galaxy S6 i bloody love it
Reply 7
iPhone 6S Plus (64GB) since mid February, it's amazing! I managed to get a reasonable contract with Vodafone aswell! ☺️ .. I'm quite happy that I upgraded from my Samsung, it was awful! Lol
Galaxy S7
I am using samsung galaxy s7 and would recommend it
I have the LG G4. I got it in August 2015, and have it until July/August 2017. It's a good phone, but I wouldn't get it again. I'd go back to the iPhone, I think
I've had my Huawei P9 for 5 months now and I'd definitely recommend it, only thing is that the charger isn't microUSB so if you suddenly need one when out and you don't have a friend with the same/similar phone you're ****ed.

Also because it's not one of the ~mainstream~ phones you don't have the best choice of cases if that's something you're worried about.
Currently using a OnePlus 3 and absolutely loving it.

Original post by lightwoXd
only thing is that the charger isn't microUSB so if you suddenly need one when out and you don't have a friend with the same/similar phone you're ****ed.

USB Type C is becoming the new standard for Android phones(and Windows phones, but... they don't matter) and most manufacturers are likely to transition over to it in the next couple of years :yep: So far the connector is already being used in at least the flagships from HTC, Sony, LG, Motorola, Google OnePlus, Huawei (obviously), ZTE and Microsoft. It would also be in Samsung's flagship too, if it didn't blow up. So it's a bit of a pain now, but you won't have to struggle to find cables for too long :yy:
(edited 7 years ago)
Haha nice, think I'd heard something to that effect but in the meantime it's not ideal. Found one other person at my uni with the same type and we've become besties over it 😂
Reply 14
Microsoft Lumia 640 (since July 2015), I get made fun of for having a Windows Phone but I'm not that bothered. I like the user friendliness of it (live tiles, having a dark screen, the way that contacts are stored as people cards) and it was cheap on PAYG. The apps side of things aren't great, the Android/iOS versions of apps like Instagram and Facebook are much better and the widely documented 'app gap' but I have the apps I need so it's not as much of an issue.

Quick Reply