The Student Room Group
Do you have the description of what you have to do?
Reply 2
Original post by zacharyboi
I am doing the"Determination of the composition of copper(II) carbonate basic" moles determination 1.1 PAG practical endorsement in my chemistry right now, and I don't understand it, any help anyone? would be much appreciated

If you do OCR B Salters I might have done it and can possibly help, but can you be more specific and post a picture or something.
Reply 3
Original post by Qinge
If you do OCR B Salters I might have done it and can possibly help, but can you be more specific and post a picture or something.

basically i can do the analysis of my results from the experiment but can't do the extension question its about mole determination with copper (11) carbonate and its OCR Chemistry A
Reply 4
basically i can do the analysis of my results from the experiment but can't do the extension question its about mole determination with copper (11) carbonate and its OCR Chemistry A

Mole detemination is just:

number of moles = mass / mr

so it'll be:

number of moles: your mass/ something like 123 (check yourself, I got that off the top of my head)

I've done that one. If you post the questions I might be able to help you.
I'm doing the exact same one. The extension questions are:

1. Assuming that your sample of CuCO3.Cu(OH)2 contains exactly equal amounts, in mol, of CuCO3 and Cu(OH)2, what percentage by mass of CuCO3 in CuCO3.Cu(OH)2 would you expect?

2. Determine the size of the divisions on the measuring cylinder that you used to collect the carbon dioxide. Calculate the percentage uncertainty in the value of the gas volume.

...Plus more...
Reply 7
Original post by GreenDucks
I'm doing the exact same one. The extension questions are:

1. Assuming that your sample of CuCO3.Cu(OH)2 contains exactly equal amounts, in mol, of CuCO3 and Cu(OH)2, what percentage by mass of CuCO3 in CuCO3.Cu(OH)2 would you expect?

2. Determine the size of the divisions on the measuring cylinder that you used to collect the carbon dioxide. Calculate the percentage uncertainty in the value of the gas volume.

...Plus more...

im currently stuck on these right now...
Original post by K0302
im currently stuck on these right now...

have you done it cos im stuck on all these right now too, please reply before Monday
I also need help on 1.2 and 1.3 if you have done those too
I'm doing A-Level Chemistry OCR spec, just I'm stuck with analysis results, could someone help me with that, I appreciate that

Latest