The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bluemoon_
Applied to Leeds 10 days ago and didn't get anything :smile: they probably don't do acknowledgment emails

Thanks! Didn't know if it was because I applied for Nursing or if they just aren't sending them! At least I can try to breathe a little bit aha!
Original post by rhiannajberry
Thanks! Didn't know if it was because I applied for Nursing or if they just aren't sending them! At least I can try to breathe a little bit aha!

Ahah yeah :wink: hope you get something soon :smile: when did send off your application?
Original post by h8skoooooool
Same here for Manchester, but I don't think anyone has an acknowledgment email! My friend has already been given an interview there for maths but she applied in September

I got invited to the interview day but no acknowledgment email
Ahah yeah :wink: hope you get something soon :smile: when did send off your application?

Only on 11/10/2016 :giggle: guess I'm just trying to establish how long I'll be waiting!
Reply 1464
Original post by NatoHeadshot
Oh nice do you know Jamie from youtube who studied PPE at oxford?
I'm applying for Physics. Where else have you applied too?

I haven't heard of him, I will have a look... And I've applied for York, Sheffield, Cardiff and UEA as well. I don't know if I could handle physics 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer from York for Politics (AAB) within just over a day of sending my UCAS off. Not bad.
Does anyone know how long Birmingham, King's London and Queen Mary London take to give offers? I've applied for Manchester as well but I know they take awhile and I have to do a test for Oxford before offers.
Original post by AlexBakSik
What subjects have Edinburgh given offers to so far? How long did they take? (I'm assuming that were for less competitive courses right?) :biggrin:

I got an offer for computing and maths and my friend got an offer for maths which are both fairly competitive he got his about a week ago. I got mine on Friday if that helps at all. What are you applying for?
Original post by AzzAxC100
I got an offer for computing and maths and my friend got an offer for maths which are both fairly competitive he got his about a week ago. I got mine on Friday if that helps at all. What are you applying for?

Chinese Studies (UK Student)
Original post by Leona-L
I got invited to the interview day but no acknowledgment email

Ah okay good to know! I'll be looking out for an invitation to interview then (hopefully) :smile:
Original post by AzzAxC100

Where are you from? I've applied for Computer Science (single honours).
I am still waiting for their reply.
Original post by AlexBakSik
Chinese Studies (UK Student)

Yeah I think it just varies from department to department, they may be waiting for more applications to get a better view of who's applying.
Original post by Someboady
Congrats.. which course did you apply for?

History, and Ancient and Modern History at Oxford
Original post by RelfTE
Wagwarn my Gs, i sent off my applications on Friday applying for:

Oxford - PPE (St Anne's) AAA
York - PPE A*AA
Sheffield - Philosophy & Economics AAB ( ABB + B with EPQ)
Cardiff - Philosophy & Economics AAB
UEA - PPE ABB

My predicted grades are AAAB, so the York and Oxford are a bit speculative but you dont get if you dont try! Has anyone got an offer from any of these Unis yet?

Good Luck all :u:

hey fellow PPE pursuer! :smile: I wish I'm as bold to try oxford, but I like your choices. I haven't applied yet but I'm also going for York and UEA! Have you heard anything from these unis? Good luck and I'll try to keep tab on you haha :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1474
Original post by fastturtleneck
hey fellow PPE pursuer! :smile: I wish I'm as bold to try oxford, but I like your choices. I haven't applied yet but I'm also going for York and UEA! Have you heard anything from these unis? Good luck and I'll try to keep tab on you haha :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey dude!! Good to share the love for PPE 😂 I've had acknowledgment from York, Cardiff and UEA so far but that's it, where else are you applying? And yeah very best of luck who knows we might end up in the same place ahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rhiannajberry
Still waiting for acknowledgement emails from Leeds and Anglia Ruskin, anyone else in the same boat? :smile:

Applied to Leeds 10 days ago and didn't get anything :smile: they probably don't do acknowledgment emails

I haven't had an acknowledgement from Leeds yet either, but I did only apply on Friday.
Original post by RelfTE
Hey dude!! Good to share the love for PPE 😂 I've had acknowledgment from York, Cardiff and UEA so far but that's it, where else are you applying? And yeah very best of luck who knows we might end up in the same place ahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha for real we could've really become schoolmates in the future! I'm still waiting for my reference to be done but actually I couldn't really decide between a few unis. I'm predicted A*AB with further maths B

I'm thinking:
Durham/ UCL PPE (A*AA)
Edinburgh Politics,Econ and social history (AAA - A*AA)
York PPE (A*AA)
UEA PPE (ABB)
Royal holloway PPE (ABB)

I'm not really into London life but Durham hasn't been very friendly lol so idk what to choose. I'm hoping to nag my teacher to give me a higher predict, but as of now are my choices a bit risky?

I'm international btw :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CatusStarbright
I haven't had an acknowledgement from Leeds yet either, but I did only apply on Friday.

For what? :smile:
Original post by hrmpurser
Does anyone know how long Birmingham, King's London and Queen Mary London take to give offers? I've applied for Manchester as well but I know they take awhile and I have to do a test for Oxford before offers.

Queen Mary are already giving offers... I have a Biomed offer of AAB which I got on Friday afternoon
For what? :smile:

Law with French Law :smile:

Latest