The Student Room Group

I have an emotional attachment to my stationery

If people don't return my pens then I get upset and mad :cry2: especially if it is part of my good pens selection. I don't mind it when people borrow my stuff but you have to return it back :frown:

Does anyone else get like that?

Scroll to see replies

I'm usually the one who forgets to give stationery back.
Reply 2
Original post by NotNotBatman
I'm usually the one who forgets to give stationery back.

Have you never considered the person who gave you the stationery, their feelings? No? Give it back :cry:
Not really related to the topic but it really is quite tragic how I start with a full pencil case at the beginning of the year, and now, I can only find one pen in my bag. Not even a nice one. A Barclays pen. :sigh:
Reply 4
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Not really related to the topic but it really is quite tragic how I start with a full pencil case at the beginning of the year, and now, I can only find one pen in my bag. Not even a nice one. A Barclays pen. :sigh:

Omg where has it gone? :eek:
Reply 5
Not really. I just do the same to other people :colone:

I lost my NCS pen. :cry2:
If you create a written contract that lets you keep hold of their soul until the pen is returned, I'm sure you'll have a good return rate.

Original post by Rhythmical
Have you never considered the person who gave you the stationery, their feelings? No? Give it back :cry:

If it meant so much to them, they would have remembered to ask for it back, when I borrowed a pen supposedly worth £200, the guy didn't forget that time. I got my punishment though, people realised I borrowed pens too much and stopped lending them to me.
Reply 9
Omg yes I do that, the person acts like it's their pen. :cry2:
I lost my favourite, most effective rainbow striped rubber in year 7
Not only did i conduct searches, i also got teachers to check lol
I legit cried when it could not be found
RIP RubbyMcRubFace
I AM THE SAME!

thats why when people wanted to borrow stationery i would charge them so i could buy a replacement just incase. I met my best friend because we bonded over my shooting star rubber from paperchase :h:

god bless paperchase
This is why we need pens :moon::

:lol: So relatable. I buy lovely new pens at beginning of the year, and I spend like my whole day in WhSmith picking em out, and their all gone within 2 weeks :biggrin:
I have a couple of cheap crappy pens in my pencil case just for borrowing to people.
And sometimes, if I don't like them, I tell a little white lie and say that the only spare pen I have is pink. One guy even took up the offer to use my pink pen once, it was so funny :biggrin:
Original post by Rhythmical
Omg where has it gone? :eek:

What, my stuff? God knows. :lol:

Original post by TheOtherSide.
I lost my NCS pen. :cry2:

I remember, everybody's was always just lying around and I'd just pick up any and use it. :colondollar:

Original post by jessyjellytot14
I have a couple of cheap crappy pens in my pencil case just for borrowing to people.
And sometimes, if I don't like them, I tell a little white lie and say that the only spare pen I have is pink. One guy even took up the offer to use my pink pen once, it was so funny :biggrin:

The demand for pens is universal and high. :sadnod:
Heed my words of wisdom: I love stationary shopping and always have. Other people generally WILL NOT treat your stationary with respect or remember to return it. It may be done through error, but If you give it out be prepared to lose it.

Keep a packet of standard Bic pens on you at all times- good stuff stays at home or in a completely separate pencil case.
Reply 17
yeah its not uncommon to get possessive over the things you own and certain not uncommon to be pissed off if someone borrows from you and doesn't give it back. its the principle and it annoys me as well, don't be so damn rude, i would never borrow something from someone and fail to give it back
I hate that. I never let anyone use my stationary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
I lost my favourite, most effective rainbow striped rubber in year 7
Not only did i conduct searches, i also got teachers to check lol
I legit cried when it could not be found
RIP RubbyMcRubFace

:console: *

he was rubbed out*

Quick Reply

Latest