The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HAnwar
Wasalam x

Lol aw. I'm prepared today!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol british weather is so confusing. It's really sunny now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
It suits you :tongue:

Yeah Alhamdulilah not bad. Just busy with studies.
Wbu? How's Saudi?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alhamdulilah, you're in uni now? Well im busy with studies too..in fact I have exams in about three weeks and the anxiety is making me shake even while typing this😒
Saudi's chill alhamdulilah. I am struggling with one thing though...i dnt want to sound like a radical feminist lol but sometimes the patriarchy really gets to me here, aside from that i love it alhamdulilah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ak143244
My thoughts exactly.

Lol :tongue:

Original post by h333
I don't think that. I feel you both want good for each other :smile:

Yh, she needs to learn about the politics!
Original post by 123teddy
looking for a good picture that describes wudu ... anyone ?

:colonhash:

http://www.muslimnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/MY_PRAYER_BOOKLET.pdf
Original post by IdeasForLife
That's pretty good.

book i learned me namaz from chief.
https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20161013-iraqi-shia-leader-mosul-operation-will-be-vengeance-for-hussein/

May Allah help the innocent Muslim civilians in Mosul. Being caught between ISIS and these murderous sectarian hordes of militia (the same ones who massacred hundreds of sunni Muslim civilians after taking Fallujah) must be hell for them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Talking of wudu. I recently came across the amounts of water the prophet pbuh used when performing wuduu and it really surprised me and put into prospective our wastefulness. The prophet pbuh used to use a measure of water called 'muud' to perfrom wudu, and this is how it looks like:

In terms of measurement we can understand, a muud is supposed to equal to a handful of water:

And subhanAllah we use a handful just to wash the face let alone use it for entire wudud.
Original post by Leukocyte
Lol british weather is so confusing. It's really sunny now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ik. It's been rain and sun one after the other.

Original post by beautifulxxx
Alhamdulilah, you're in uni now? Well im busy with studies too..in fact I have exams in about three weeks and the anxiety is making me shake even while typing this😒
Saudi's chill alhamdulilah. I am struggling with one thing though...i dnt want to sound like a radical feminist lol but sometimes the patriarchy really gets to me here, aside from that i love it alhamdulilah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep.
Aw I hope they go well, make sure you study hard. May Allah make them easy for you x
Ugh that must be so annoying. Is it just the area you live or everywhere?

Lol :tongue:

Yh, she needs to learn about the politics!

I wouldn't even know where to start.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Watch the first 10 mins of Shaykh Haitham's video.
Original post by HAnwar
Ik. It's been rain and sun one after the other.

Yep.
Aw I hope they go well, make sure you study hard. May Allah make them easy for you x
Ugh that must be so annoying. Is it just the area you live or everywhere?

Posted from TSR Mobile

How's uni going for you? Ameen barakAllahu feeki. I set these ridiculously high standards then moan about the anxiety😒
Well certain laws that apply to women in Saudi, like not driving for example are applied in every city. Riyadh is strict however, more so than other places. So yh maybe its where I live...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Al-farhan
Talking of wudu. I recently came across the amounts of water the prophet pbuh used when performing wuduu and it really surprised me and put into prospective our wastefulness. The prophet pbuh used to use a measure of water called 'muud' to perfrom wudu, and this is how it looks like:

In terms of measurement we can understand, a muud is supposed to equal to a handful of water:

And subhanAllah we use a handful just to wash the face let alone use it for entire wudud.

This was quite interesting. Damn we waste tonnes of water in comparison :0
Salams everyone :smile:

thanks a lot , i am going to take a print out of that book

:smile:
Wa'alaykumasalaam, I hope you are well bro.

Yeah I am good too, college tomorrow :frown:
How about you??
Original post by beautifulxxx
How's uni going for you? Ameen barakAllahu feeki. I set these ridiculously high standards then moan about the anxiety😒
Well certain laws that apply to women in Saudi, like not driving for example are applied in every city. Riyadh is strict however, more so than other places. So yh maybe its where I live...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Boring lol
It's good to have high standards :smile:
Oh I see. I think it's better in the compounds right?

Original post by ak143244
Salams everyone :smile:

Wasalam. You alright?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Boring lol

Wasalam. You alright?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lool why? Which subject are you studying?
Yh but if it means stressing this much then it's annoying. I'm surfing anxiety threads on tsr but they're not that helpful😒

Oh yh saudi compounds are sick. When you live in them or occasionally visit it's like entering a different country lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Salaam guys,

Do you ever feel how much of an ease it is to be in a muslim country, or even one with a muslim majority, in regards to praying. Here in the UK im not saying its difficult alhamdolillah its ok to pray here, but at times it can be awkward like praying in public. I mean when I was in Pakistan, there, there was like every opportunity for you to actually prayer salah, wheather it was in the park or in the village there was always like a prayer mat or an area.

And at places like work, they are able to work around their times so they can go with the changing times of salah. Alahmdolillah for those experiencing this, its a great benefit.
Original post by HAnwar
Boring lol

Wasalam. You alright?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm okay. Just doing some computing work. You? How's your day been? :smile:
Reply 3919
Original post by redleader1
x .

i live in saudi and i can vouch for that. Saudi is the only country in the world where all the shops have to close when the adhan goes off. so lets say im at the mall and it goes off, the shops close and we go pray in the masjid in the mall. its also so nice hearing the adhan and the prayers at fajr maghrib and isha from different masjids local to me.

Latest

Trending

Trending