The Student Room Group

Instruments you play

Anyone here play any instruments?
I play violin (grade 5 exam done in 2014 but playing at g7/8) and can play piano.

Any future Mozart's on TSR??

Scroll to see replies

ukulele
I wish I was good at music. I did the violin for 3 years then decided to quit because I couldn't find the time for it but now I play the guitar
Ukulele and a bit of Bass and electric Guitar not properly though, more so as a hobby
Original post by eve_4342
I play violin (grade 5 exam done in 2014 but playing at g7/8) and can play piano.

violin buddies :five:I'm taking grade 6 in december and am a grade 4 pianist (I was bad at piano and stopped tho :tongue:)
I focus more on the County Youth Orchestra though :smile:
Definitely not Mozart but I love to play by ear :biggrin: composing is not my forte :erm:
Piano at grade 7 and oboe at grade 6. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
violin buddies :five:I'm taking grade 6 in december and am a grade 4 pianist (I was bad at piano and stopped tho :tongue:)
I focus more on the County Youth Orchestra though :smile:
Definitely not Mozart but I love to play by ear :biggrin: composing is not my forte :erm:

haha cool; I couldn't be bothered to continue with theory! how long have you been playing for?
haha cool; I couldn't be bothered to continue with theory! how long have you been playing for?

10 years, you?Haha lol after grade 5 theory I was like
I
am
so
doneeeeeeee!
Reply 8
The whistle.

And piano.
Reply 9
Original post by honour
Piano at grade 7 and oboe at grade 6. :smile:

wow that's really good! what is it like to play the oboe??

I play flute and piano to a high standard, and I also do a fair bit of composing when I have time (not often now I've started my intensive A-levels!).

I'm certainly nowhere near Mozart's talent, though I can play his flute concertos and many of his piano sonatas.

Spoiler

Reply 11
I play flute and violin as hobbies and I also used to play bass but not anymore. I'd like to put down the violin and switch to harp though.
I used to play, the trumpet, trombone, guitar, chello and keyboard.
Now, I just play the piano. :h:
wow that's really good! what is it like to play the oboe??

Expensive :colonhash:

Also, my sister plays the two instruments that you play!
Piano and trumpet. I don't play either spectacularly. :ashamed:
Bass guitar mainly, I play my (broken :frown: ) bass everyday. electric guitar also, but I haven't played that in a long time.

I can play piano :smile:
I play the skin flute
I'm studying oboe in Salzburg! :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
I used to play, the trumpet, trombone, guitar, chello and keyboard.
Now, I just play the piano. :h:

I'm like the same as you; I can also play the trumpet, cornet, tenor horn, uke, a little guitar!

Quick Reply

Latest