The Student Room Group

Any chance of getting an offer from Imperial College?

I only got 4Bs at AS in Maths, Physics, Chemisty and Biology. I've dropped bio now and I'm predicted 3As. The course for geophysics at Imperial College says its entry requirments are only 3As. But still do you think there is any chance of actually getting an offer?
Original post by CRBG
I only got 4Bs at AS in Maths, Physics, Chemisty and Biology. I've dropped bio now and I'm predicted 3As. The course for geophysics at Imperial College says its entry requirments are only 3As. But still do you think there is any chance of actually getting an offer?

I wouldn't say it's particularly high. The quoted entry requirements are minimums - most offers are actually higher than AAA - and applying for a course with entry requirements over three grades higher than your AS results is optimistic for a lot of universities, never mind somewhere like Imperial. You could put it down as your ambitious choice but I honestly can't say that the chances are high, particularly now that it's recently been announced that Imperial's Earth Sciences department has the highest average graduate salary in the country which could well lead to a boost in applications.
You're a grade off each subject. Imperial has an oversupply of applicants with AAA/A*A*A*, strong PS and the usual extra-curricular guff... It's really not very likely, I'm afraid. You'd be better off concentrating your applications on universities to which you have a realistic chance of making a competitive application.
I applied and got an offer from Imperial for geophysics 4 years course, I had AABC at AS and they wanted me to get aaa for a2 to get my place
I would apply, but dont bank on getting an offer from them
You never know, you might get an AAA offer
Original post by an_atheist
I would apply, but dont bank on getting an offer from them
You never know, you might get an AAA offer

all the offers they make areAAA but if you think u can get that then apply
apply because you never know. I have a friend who retook a year and got an offer for geology which I know is different but still
Original post by sandybeach1996
all the offers they make areAAA but if you think u can get that then apply

This is not true. My offer was A*AAA.
Original post by Plagioclase

wow they hated u lol only got AAA

Do you think i would have a high chance? i am in year 11 atm gonna be 16 in uni my results:
C1 97
C2 90
C3 93
C4 90
S1 87
S2 100
FP1 100
FP2 95
D1 90
D2 85
M1 this year
M2 this year
Physics All A Level this year
so i have achieved A* in maths and will definitely achieve A* in further maths and i am predicted A (with potential of A*) in Physics- i self taught maths.
btw when you apply to Imperial do you get an email saying you have applied similar to cambridge?
I AM APPLYING FOR ENGINEERING
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by asdasdasdaasda12
X

I don't know what type of Engineering you're applying for - some branches are more competitive than others. Your results so far are good though so you probably will have a decent chance. I don't know what you mean about the email though.
I don't know what type of Engineering you're applying for - some branches are more competitive than others. Your results so far are good though so you probably will have a decent chance. I don't know what you mean about the email though.

Electronic and Electric engineering is that really competitive?

when you apply for imperial does it send you an email saying that your application has been received? i got one for Cambridge but not one for imperial yet.
Original post by asdasdasdaasda12
Electronic and Electric engineering is that really competitive?

when you apply for imperial does it send you an email saying that your application has been received? i got one for Cambridge but not one for imperial yet.

Fairly, although I don't think it's one of their most competitive courses. Your application has been received - if you haven't received something yet you will soon. If you've got more questions about EEE at Imperial then please make a thread in the relevant forum because this is for Earth Sciences :smile:
Ok thanks

Quick Reply

Latest