The Student Room Group

Switch from PPE to Politics and Economics at Nottingham. Will it look bad?

Hey guys, I've sent an application for PPE at Nottingham but I'm able to switch to anything via UCAS. Entry rates are higher in Politics and Economics, and I like both courses. Will this look bad for my application? Thanks!
Original post by PrinceAli
Hey guys, I've sent an application for PPE at Nottingham but I'm able to switch to anything via UCAS. Entry rates are higher in Politics and Economics, and I like both courses. Will this look bad for my application? Thanks!

Are you planning on applying for PPE elsewhere? It shouldn't be a huge issue as you will have discussed both politics and economics already, and the uni will probably guess you're applying for a different course elsewhere. I don't think they'd really mind you changing if you did it quickly, they won't be able to guess the exact reason why you did and it shouldn't matter you're still making a competitive application. I pretty much did the same thing last week and don't think it'll be a big issue!
Reply 2
Yep, 4 out of 5 are PPE so far - and thank you! I didnt write too much about philosophy in my PS since I studied pol and econ at A level. Probably will be good idea if i switch to pol and econ
Original post by Lauren1498x
Are you planning on applying for PPE elsewhere? It shouldn't be a huge issue as you will have discussed both politics and economics already, and the uni will probably guess you're applying for a different course elsewhere. I don't think they'd really mind you changing if you did it quickly, they won't be able to guess the exact reason why you did and it shouldn't matter you're still making a competitive application. I pretty much did the same thing last week and don't think it'll be a big issue!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending