The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leukocyte
:frown:

OMDs feel so sorry for you, I love sensations!
Give me your address and I'll literally send some :biggrin:

That would cost you a lot of money.. You might as well come here and bring some on the way😌

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3981
@IdeasForLife JZK for all reminders.

Original post by h333
:lovehug: that is better :yep: haha but that made me laugh, nice smile 😊

Spoiler

Aw thanks sis xx

Original post by beautifulxxx
That would cost you a lot of money.. You might as well come here and bring some on the way😌

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry about that. Money comes and goes.
InshaAllah one day :smile:
Reply 3983
Original post by Leukocyte
Aw thanks sis xx

Don't worry about that. Money comes and goes.
InshaAllah one day :smile:

No probs <333333, extra 3 for you 😉
Reply 3984
Original post by AbdulALI
That's not true, not everyone would agree with your stance. Just sayin'

Salaam

Wa'alaykum Assalaam.
Original post by h333

Lmao. Well basically some people praise him saying he is good etc for the country as if he backs down then things will get even worse. However, some people also dislike his ruling and wants a better leader. There is so much to be honest. Are the US giving weapons to ISIS? And why are they truly against Assad? I feel if it was not for their own interest no one would interfere in Syria.

I think you will always find some people who will blindly follow tyrants and praise them regardless of what they do.

Also, you have other people who put forward the argument "if Assad is removed then Syria will become another Libya, they need him to keep order". That is a really sad argument in my opinion, especially when I hear Muslims say it. What they're basically saying is that Muslims are so barbaric or backward that they can't possibly hope to form a proper country, so the Muslims need a iron fist dictator in charge who will keep them in check.

Personally I don't know how any decent Muslim can support him in any way if they know about him properly. Seeing his bombardment in Aleppo alone should be a big red warning flag.

I've seen people post a story before which was about the US airlifting weapons into ISIS territory. I don't know if 1) that story was true or 2) Was the airlift an accident. Other then that I don't know sorry.

According to leaked Hillary Clinton emails, she thought that Assad gone would be less of a threat to Israel. So that could be one reason for what the US is doing. Also US used to more anti-Iran, Assad is one of Iran's only allies in the mid east, so taking him out of the picture would've been good in that respect. I imagine they had to back their Arab "allies" (saudi, uae etc...) and their interests in the region too.

Users like Ibn Fulaan and AlifunArnab will explain the US bits better. I just mostly hate on Iran and co :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3986
Original post by IdeasForLife
I think you will always find some people who will blindly follow tyrants and praise them regardless of what they do.

Also, you have other people who put forward the argument "if Assad is removed then Syria will become another Libya, they need him to keep order". That is a really sad argument in my opinion, especially when I hear Muslims say it. What they're basically saying is that Muslims are so barbaric or backward that they can't possibly hope to form a proper country, so the Muslims need a iron fist dictator in charge who will keep them in check.

Personally I don't know how any decent Muslim can support him in any way if they know about him properly. Seeing his bombardment in Aleppo alone should be a big red warning flag.

I've seen people post a story before which was about the US airlifting weapons into ISIS territory. I don't know if 1) that story was true or 2) Was the airlift an accident. Other then that I don't know sorry.

According to leaked Hillary Clinton emails, she thought that Assad gone would be less of a threat to Israel. So that could be one reason for what the US is doing. Also US used to more anti-Iran, Assad is one of Iran's only allies in the mid east, so taking him out of the picture would've been good in that respect. I imagine they had to back their Arab "allies" (saudi, uae etc...) and their interests in the region too.

Users like Ibn Fulaan and AlifunArnab will explain the US bits better. I just mostly hate on Iran and co :tongue:

Hmmm I see. Jzk for the response.
I defo don't trust US hand in all this though.
If these people in power truly wanted to make the country come to peace the way they boast about it, then they would and not start making the situation worse or even more complex than it was. I hate it when they bomb a place with mostly innocent civilians and then justify it so easily and mark it as an accident. I feel like games are being played.
Reply 3987
BarakAllahu Feeki.

I don't trust them either. They serve noone but themselves.

Exactly. But people don't see this. Like I am from a country that has been in war for decades now and back home they have been through hell because of all this politics. You know why because Islam is not being implemented properly and because of others interference for their own interest. However, they have, are and will get away with it by using their power. They show themselves to be civilised but are doing the most uncivilised actions behind the scenes.

Do you know that some troops purposely intimidate people in villages and accuse them of being terrorists when those poor people have no idea and live in fear. Some even have got shot without any proof. They have destroyed many lives like this yet they will call themselves "civilised" and remain prideful because they are from the west.

:frown: there is so much to say tbh, but most won't even believe. Sorry for going too deep.
Assalaamu Alaykum.

I personaly believe that the US is in it for its own interests...

- To break the 'Shiite Alliance' (Assad, Iran, Hezbollah) which is also in the interest of the Sunni Golf States (namely Saudi Arabia and Qatar) as well as Israel.

- To please its No.1 ally Israel including the legitimisation of the annexation of Syria's Golan Heights by the Israelis post Assad.

AND NOT BECAUSE IT SYMPATHISES WITH THE SYRIANS/MUSLIMS.
Original post by h333
Hmmm I see. Jzk for the response.
I defo don't trust US hand in all this though.
If these people in power truly wanted to make the country come to peace the way they boast about it, then they would and not start making the situation worse or even more complex than it was. I hate it when they bomb a place with mostly innocent civilians and then justify it so easily and mark it as an accident. I feel like games are being played.

+1 too many 'accidents' to be accidents.
BarakAllahu Feeki.

I don't trust them either. They serve noone but themselves.

And their ally Israel.
“The Prophet (Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) established a relationship between the fear of Allah and good character.

Because fearing Allah improves the relation between the servant and Allah, and good character improves the relation between a person and others.

Therefore, fearing Allah makes it possible for Allah to love him, and good manners makes it possible for people to love that person.”

[Imam Ibn al Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah RahimahuAllah]
“And sins leave ugly, despicable, and harmful effects to the heart and body in this world and the next that none know except Allaah.

From them is that one is prevented from knowledge, as knowledge is a light that Allaah places into the heart, and sins put out this light."

[Imam Ibn al Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah Rahimahullah]
"The servant who seeks the pleasure of Allaah, never abandons repentance. He remains in the state of repentance until the end of his life."

[Imam Ibn al Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah Rahimahullah]
[video="youtube;kNuKV-TjCqs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNuKV-TjCqs[/video]
Hey guys :smile:
Reply 3996
Original post by YouHaveProblems
What do you mean you don't even have to wear a hijab?
Is that the law of the country or allah

i mean women can walk around freely without their hijab on.
Reply 3997
Original post by redleader1
I didnt know you lived in Saudi ?? I thought you lived in the UK. Anyway remember me ?? You alright ?

well i float between both countries haha. yeah i remember you :biggrin: im good alhamdulillah wby
Original post by mkap
i mean women can walk around freely without their hijab on.

Why is that a good thing? That's like saying it's good here because you can buy cigarettes, cigarettes aren't a good thing.
Reply 3999
Original post by YouHaveProblems
Why is that a good thing? That's like saying it's good here because you can buy cigarettes, cigarettes aren't a good thing.

i didnt say it was a good thing. i meant it in the context that the media make saudi out to be some oppressive country when in some places its liberal.

Latest