The Student Room Group

Help writing a short story

Hello!
My teacher gave me this task today to write a short story using the inspiration of a picture. I chose the picture "Autoritratto" by Vincent van Gogh.

I am completely wiped for ideas. Any good suggestions?

Thank you.
Kleinfeld
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kleinfeld
Hello!
My teacher gave me this task today to write a short story using the inspiration of a picture. I chose the picture "Autoritratto" by Vincent van Gogh.

Thank you.
Kleinfeld

why would you pick that, it looks awful? do the starry night, that'll give you something to write about.
Hello!

Thank you.
Kleinfeld

Describe the features in the picture
Hint at who the man is via description, make a background story ie: where he is etc., what he's doing
You could easily turn this into some sort of horror short but honestly it depends how you write.
Plan it and see where it takes you :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by KnowledgeIsBest
why would you pick that, it looks awful? do the starry night, that'll give you something to write about.

That was the only picture left that i thought looked decent.
Reply 4
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Describe the features in the picture
Hint at who the man is via description, make a background story ie: where he is etc., what he's doing
You could easily turn this into some sort of horror short but honestly it depends how you write.
Plan it and see where it takes you :smile:

Thank you!
Thank you!

I hope this helps you!I had to do a similar thing to this for my GCSE Coursework :smile:
That was the only picture left that i thought looked decent.

does that mean you're changing to the starry night?
Reply 7
does that mean you're changing to the starry night?

I could do that, yes. What can i write about that?
I could do that, yes. What can i write about that?

anything that comes to your mind when you think of the title, the picture, the setting, etc

I recommend a story about aliens, think about the words "starry night", stars are very old, so think about what the title might be saying.
Reply 9
anything that comes to your mind when you think of the title, the picture, the setting, etc

I recommend a story about aliens, think about the words "starry night", stars are very old, so think about what the title might be saying.

I'll think about it. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending