The Student Room Group

Do universities have a look at yr10 GCSE?

I'm in year 10 and I do my real GCSE's in year 11.

I got a bad grade for a unit test and it will be averaged out for the end of year grade.

Do universities look at year 10 end of year or only year 11 GCSE's?
(edited 7 years ago)
Mocks do not count ,only real examinations count
Original post by iishai

I got a bad grade for a unit test and it will be averaged out for the end of year grade.

If it's a mock exam then no. If it's a real exam in year 10 then yes.
Universities don't care about your end of year grade. They only care about your qualifications.
Original post by iishai

Mock grades mean absolutely nothing. They are not qualifications, and do not hold any weight in any sense of the word.
Original post by iishai

No, unis only ever look at your ACTUAL exam grades (which you will get gcse certificates for. I get mine finally in December-yay!!! :tongue:) Mocks are for you and your teacher- identify your strengths but more importantly your weaknesses and come exam season SMASH your exams! Best of luck!x:biggrin: Trust me, if you're in yr 10 you still have a LOT of time till your exams.Just work smartly and productively- you still have plenty of time to achieve straight A*s or your personal target grades!

Quick Reply

Latest