The Student Room Group

Disliking masters course - Computer science

Hello all,

I am currently in a difficult situation where i have enrolled on a masters course which i am currenly not enjoying. I have previous background in chemistry with. A 1st class degree.in chemistry. I have worked in industry for over 4 years in overqualified positions where i began to get fustrated and unhappy so i decided to make a career change. The masters looked of interest intially but in reality i have found its not 4 weeks in. Anybody been in a similar situation or can provide any advice or guidance.
Original post by Singh89

Can you reflect with any maturity on your position? You are 4 weeks into a course you are 'currently not enjoying' out of the remaining 60+ years of your life. Are you going to spend the next 60 years making life changing decisions on the basis of 4 weeks non-enjoyment of something, or are you going to learn to be more strategic and either make better decisions before you change course, or stick things out for longer and not be deflected by minor inconveniences?
Reply 2
Sorry I do not understand you reponse.
Why do you dislike the course? What's your career plan for after the course?
Ah, the typical "student can't find a decent job so does a Masters in a field they couldn't care less about just so they have something to do".

If you're really not liking it, I suggest you start looking for jobs immediately and quit the Masters if you find anything (and yes, I mean anything, including retail/admin).
Reply 5
Original post by Duncan2012
Why do you dislike the course? What's your career plan for after the course?

Intially the interest was there on paper but reality gave me a different picture. I am
currently thinking the field of analytics or
working as an analyst.
Reply 6
Original post by #ChaosKass
Ah, the typical "student can't find a decent job so does a Masters in a field they couldn't care less about just so they have something to do".

If you're really not liking it, I suggest you start looking for jobs immediately and quit the Masters if you find anything (and yes, I mean anything, including retail/admin).

Well I am not a typical student but more like a returning student looking to pursue a career change after working in industry for a few years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending