The Student Room Group

University of Cambridge Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jneill

Thank you for everything.
Original post by jneill
It is with great pleasure that I now unsticky this thread.

You lot are far too busy studying/playing/living at Cambridge to have time for TSR. :smile:

Enjoy it, it's been emotional...

:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

And I think it's almost time I should go as well.
I'll hang around a few more days until the end of Fresher's Week, just in case someone comes back crying for help,(hope not!)

But now you've got your college parents & DoS/tutor to seek advice/help and new friends who can share your life, in good times and bad times, many of whom will be your life-long friends. So they should be your first port of call. No more TSR. :wink:
Feel the benefit of collegiate system, which works at its best when you are in need of help. :wink:

It's been a great journey sharing with you, and thank you all so much for allowing me to be a part of it, putting up with this pushy 'mum' with dodgy English. :tongue:

Thank you, good bye and Good luck! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by vincrows
I'll hang around a few more days until the end of Fresher's Week, just in case someone comes back crying for help,(hope not!)

But now you've got your college parents & DoS/tutor to seek advice/help and new friends who can share your life, in good times and bad times, many of whom will be your life-long friends. So they should be your first port of call. No more TSR. :wink:
Feel the benefit of collegiate system, which works at its best when you are in need of help. :wink:

It's been a great journey sharing with you, and thank you all so much for allowing me to be a part of it, putting up with this pushy 'mum' with dodgy English. :tongue:

Thank you and Good luck! :smile:

PRSOM (of course)

And

Screen Shot 2016-10-04 at 10.14.46.jpg

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
It is with great pleasure that I now unsticky this thread and release you into the wild!

You lot are far too busy studying/playing/living at Cambridge to have time for TSR. :smile:

Enjoy it, it's been emotional...

:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I met your son and asked "Do you happen to be *insert your name*?"....:facepalm: Got it other way around :rofl:

Original post by vincrows

Thank you, good bye and Good luck! :smile:

You'll be missed but I'll keep in touch of course :smile:
Original post by C0balt
I met your son and asked "Do you happen to be *insert your name*?"....:facepalm: Got it other way around :rofl:

neillj?!

I hope he was suitably cringed :wink:
Original post by jneill
neillj?!

I hope he was suitably cringed :wink:

I asked him if he was (name)... Lol. Got the J right. Close enough :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by C0balt
I asked him if he was (name)... Lol. Got the J right. Close enough :tongue:

hah haha (i'll delete the name if you don't mind... :wink: )
Original post by jneill
hah haha (i'll delete the name if you don't mind... :wink: )

I don't mind of course I initially said *insert your name* because I thought I shouldn't put the name in hahaha
I haven't spoken to him more than that though... So his impression of me is probably "That girl who got my name as my dad's and for some reason complimented me for my jump skillz"
Original post by C0balt
I don't mind of course I initially said *insert your name* because I thought I shouldn't put the name in hahaha
I haven't spoken to him more than that though... So his impression of me is probably "That girl who got my name as my dad's and for some reason complimented me for my jump skillz"

Don't worry - I've already warned him all about you.

(jks :smile: )
Original post by jneill
Don't worry - I've already warned him all about you.

(jks :smile: )

:afraid:
Original post by C0balt
:afraid:

Was the Fresher's Fair good? What did you sign up for?
Original post by jneill
Was the Fresher's Fair good? What did you sign up for?

Yes it was good! It was so exhausting though. Walked a lot, spoke a lot, pretended that I was interested in what they were saying a lot, and ate free pizzas a lot :tongue:
I signed up for...well I lost count - from taking part in psychology research to singing... I'm expecting a million emails by the end of tomorrow. :rofl:
So I get about four hours notice to hand in my first proper supervision work... should have just failed step tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
So I get about four hours notice to hand in my first proper supervision work... should have just failed step tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

U did fail

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1874
Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol

Getting work done even before it is set is definitely a good idea.
Original post by alow
lol

Getting work done even before it is set is definitely a good idea.

You know what they say... if I wanted an easy life I would have gone to Warwick

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths

th g get back to ur example sheets its not the kms era for no reason
Original post by EnglishMuon
th g get back to ur example sheets its not the kms era for no reason

this man speaks the truth

do my groups example sheet for me pls
n&s bants in 8 hours boyyos
Original post by Zacken
n&s bants in 8 hours boyyos

Was it worth it LOL.