The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blueberry.89
Great news....UCAS have confirmed my application is on-time.

I was on the Pay/Send page before the 18:00 deadline and my app was received by UCAS at 18:01 who processed it at 18:03.

They said that Oxford (tutors) will see the processed time but will go on what we (UCAS) tell them is on-time or late.

They did not confirm the information you provided about last year.

From what Oxbridge tutors have said:

1. Colleges receive applications in batches each day from the central team who received all those applications the previous day. Colleges are informed when the last batch of on-time applications has been delivered (this would seem in-line with what you said happened last year). Further batches received after this are rejected as invalid by the college.

2. Tutors do not see submission time (again agrees with what you say about processed time)

Congrats

@Overses have you had an answer from UCAS?
Same here, I rang UCAS saying my application was submitted on time.
Original post by Reality Check
Whilst all this might be true, I think the point is that most of us don't leave our Oxbridge application with 1 minute to spare to the deadline...

I think it would be reasonable to assume that the people following this thread would want to know what happened to me in my case.

When you send your application does not increase/decrease your chances of getting an offer as long as it is on time.
I think it would be reasonable to assume that the people following this thread would want to know what happened to me in my case.

When you send your application does not increase/decrease your chances of getting an offer as long as it is on time.

Good luck with your application, Blueberry. Do let us know how you get on, won't you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 64
Great news....UCAS have confirmed my application is on-time.

I was on the Pay/Send page before the 18:00 deadline and my app was received by UCAS at 18:01 who processed it at 18:03.

They said that Oxford (tutors) will see the processed time but will go on what we (UCAS) tell them is on-time or late.

They did not confirm the information you provided about last year.

From what Oxbridge tutors have said:

1. Colleges receive applications in batches each day from the central team who received all those applications the previous day. Colleges are informed when the last batch of on-time applications has been delivered (this would seem in-line with what you said happened last year). Further batches received after this are rejected as invalid by the college.

2. Tutors do not see submission time (again agrees with what you say about processed time)

Congrats first of all and hope you get an interview !

So, tutors do not see submission time but sees processed time? So, they will see the 18:03 on your application?

But UCAS calculates it as on time if you reached the Pay/Send before 18:00?

Is my questions above correct?

Congrats again.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by PQ
Congrats

@Overses have you had an answer from UCAS?

Yes, on time.
Original post by Overses
Congrats first of all and hope you get an interview !

So, tutors do not see submission time but sees processed time? So, they will still see the 18:03 on yours?

Is my questions above correct?

Congrats again.

Thank you.

Yes, they will see the time UCAS processed the app and sent it to them.

I don't know how they decide if an app is on time, that was just for my specific case.

You simply need to find out from them if your specific app is on time/valid; if it is you have nothing to worry about.
Reply 67
Original post by Overses

I'd suggest it's the time you actually click Send.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill

Posted from TSR Mobile

He needs to find out directly from them rather than speculating.

I was on the Pay/Send page by 18:00 but eventually clicked send at 18:01.
Original post by jneill

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a bit of leeway - if UCAS know that page loads can take up to x minutes at peak times then they have to allow applications received that long after the deadline to be classed as "on time" - otherwise it's possible for applicants to claim that it's UCAS software/network that caused the delay.
Original post by Doonesbury
That may be the case for some courses at Oxford, but it isn't for Cambridge. There's no mechanistic deselection due to pre-interview admissions assessment results.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What happens if you forget to register and miss the deadline by a week for the history aptitude test at oxford but you sent off your ucas on time? Are they lenient or will your application be dismissed?
Original post by Lucia London
What happens if you forget to register and miss the deadline by a week for the history aptitude test at oxford but you sent off your ucas on time? Are they lenient or will your application be dismissed?

If you haven't taken the test required for selection then you wont be made an offer.
Original post by PQ
If you haven't taken the test required for selection then you wont be made an offer.

But what if no one has sat the test yet, it’s just that you forgot to register for it.
But what if no one has sat the test yet, it’s just that you forgot to register for it.

Then when it becomes apparent that you haven't sat the test you will be rejected.

Why not call them up to check directly whether they have any exceptions.
Reply 74

http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/for-test-takers/hat/how-to-register/
"Registration deadlines
Sunday 15 October 2017: Last date for HAT entries.
Entries will be accepted until 18.00 BST. "

All you can do is ask your test centre but I strongly suspect it's too late.
This incident happened a year ago... how this is possibly on "Today on TSR" is beyond me, apart from maybe because of Lucia London bumping this thread after a year.
This is from last year.

What the hell is wrong with 'Today on TSR'??
Original post by cc85734
This is from last year.

Original post by Carbon Dioxide
This incident happened a year ago... how this is possibly on "Today on TSR" is beyond me, apart from maybe because of Lucia London bumping this thread after a year.

People keep clicking on the clickbait so they think it works
Original post by cc85734
This is from last year.

TSR endorsed necroing? :rofl:
Original post by Carbon Dioxide

At least as clickbait goes they're not being misleading this time.

Latest

Trending

Trending