The Student Room Group

Summer Schools

Hi everyone, I wasn't too sure where to post this thread so I hope this will do. I was wondering if anyone had attended a university summer school ever and what it was like and how they found it? Also was it worth it? I know they would vary but I am talking on a whole! I am quite interested in maybe doing one next year so i'd love to hear some personal experiences.

Also I know it's only October but apparently some of the applications open soon.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

there is thing called K+ and it's run by kings college - you might have to look into it though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by chloeematthews12
there is thing called K+ and it's run by kings college - you might have to look into it though

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you!
Reply 4
I went to UCL's one through Sutton Trust, it was an amazing week and gave me loads to mention on my statement. It was definitely worth it (free so I can't complain), it also makes you stand out from other people as you've experienced your subject first-hand at university level, I'd definitely recommend doing one if you find a good one for your subject.
Reply 5
Original post by megs_13
Hi everyone, I wasn't too sure where to post this thread so I hope this will do. I was wondering if anyone had attended a university summer school ever and what it was like and how they found it? Also was it worth it? I know they would vary but I am talking on a whole! I am quite interested in maybe doing one next year so i'd love to hear some personal experiences.

Also I know it's only October but apparently some of the applications open soon.

I went to two summer schools in the summer, one at Lancaster and another at UCL so if you have any questions feel free to ask :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest