The Student Room Group

WoodyMKC is leaving TSR. Goodbye, folks!

So I've been here for nearly 4 years now. Seen lots of people come and go, some even have been here longer than me and still remain. However, for the past month I've been feeling like my time here is running its course. I'm 26 now and older than a lot of the folk I chat to now, and as I said I've been contemplating leaving for a while, particularly in the last few weeks. It's been a long time coming but I've decided to leave the forums for good, so bare with me one last time whilst I write out my final thread :redface:

I originally signed up when I was doing my driving lessons a good few years ago. I wasn't a student as I'd finished education by then, but the Motoring/Learning to drive forum was full of other young people in the same position as me and I was eager to sign up and chat with people, trade tips and experiences and all that stuff.
As I passed that phase, I became a bit of a troll a couple of years back, but due to the fact that there was nowhere even CLOSE to as much trolling then as there is now, I remained largely undetected. Eventually got bored of making silly threads and just became a regular TSR member.

I've used this forum for numerous purposes. Be it to have a laugh and a banter - I'll also add here, I know my humour can go a little far at times, and I apologise now to anyone that got offended by any of my wisecracks, it was all meant in jest :redface:; To have a bit of a flirt; to talk lifting; to engage in interesting chats and discussions in general; and also, since I'm not the sort of person to open up to people emotionally IRL, used this forum as a platform be open and honest with things that I might not chat about IRL because this barrier that I've always had up wouldn't allow it, whereas on the anonimity of the internet I didn't need to protect my image.

There are various users I'd like to thank for making my time here enjoyable. There are way too many to tag and I'd probably miss some out, so I'm going to thank specific groups and these people should know who they are, in no particular order:

-The folk on the Learning to drive forum when I first signed up
-Those that I've chatted to on a personal level on a regular basis
-All the guys @ Fitness Forum
-People that I joke and banter with on the regular
-People that have asked me for advice on various things
-People that have given me helpful advice on things
-All the gals I've chatted adult stuff with via PM :mmm:
-Those that I've had interesting discussions with on various matters
-A few members that I've formed a little troll-buster gang with over the past couple weeks
-All the people that I've got into deep discussions about both my mental and physical health with over the years

I'll wrap this up now. I'll be popping into this thread today, but this is the last thread I'll be making and today will be my last day. Thanks for the ride, folks :biggrin:

[video="youtube;-U4Pvodwm0U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U4Pvodwm0U[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Sad to see you go :frown: all the best with everything!
Who are you?
Original post by Orbital Rising
Who are you?

I see you've been here for a couple of weeks now. Hi, I'm WoodyMKC :redface:
Reply 4
:cry2:

This makes me sad.

Love you bro and thanks for the laughs.

Good luck for the future. :smile:
bye Woody*

:wavey:

please leave forehead data with Chantelle on reception.

seriously we will miss you bud.

Original post by WoodyMKC
I see you've been here for a couple of weeks now. Hi, I'm WoodyMKC :redface:

Hi. I'm just joking I've seen you before and liked your comments.

It's sad to see you go man. :nooo:
Reply 7
Noooo, I'll miss you and your bicep :frown:
Good luck for the future. i never noticed your trolling, which goes to show what passes for standard.
Good exit post btw. Things generally run their course.

I normally say see you tomorrow, but got the feeling this was a definite positive decision.
Reply 9
Bye bye :hugs: good luck with the rest of your life
Reply 10
virtually crying :cry:
Farewell, Mistur Partridge. It is a shame to see you go. :hide:
[video="youtube;rs9ne2_xbpo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs9ne2_xbpo[/video]
Good luck with everything. Will miss you!
Oh no !! I'm sorry to hear you are leaving, but I wish you all the best of luck with everything. [Perhaps you might pop back in to say hello to us all once in a while???]
Best of luck with everything.

But stay away from clowns.
Reply 16
But you can't go :sad:
Goodbye, you don't know me but I know you? xD (I've seen your posts about)
Good luck with future life!
See ya WoodyMKC :tongue: We havent ever talked i think :redface:
:cry2:

good luck with everything and all that jazz. sad to see you go but yeah :redface:

Spoiler

Latest