The Student Room Group

Chances at these unis?

I'd like to go to LSE, Nottingham, UCL or King's (Law). All ask for A*AA.

GCSE: 2A* 5A 2B 1C
AS: AAAB (Predicted)

Do I have a chance at these unis? Additionally, which one would you recommend? There are mixed reviews for all of them - especially LSE and UCL.
Reply 1
Original post by Certified
I'd like to go to LSE, Nottingham, UCL or King's (Law). All ask for A*AA.

GCSE: 2A* 5A 2B 1C
AS: AAAB (Predicted)

Do I have a chance at these unis? Additionally, which one would you recommend? There are mixed reviews for all of them - especially LSE and UCL.

Really depends on what AS grades you get and what your predicted A level grades are.
I've applied for UCL Law and my grades are very similar to yours, A*AAAABBBBCCC for GCSE, and Distinction* + AAB for AS. Go for it, it's only 1 of 5 choices. Go for UCL rather than LSE though: LSE are GCSE Nazis.
As you're not predicted an A*, they would be a bit of a risk. But as long as your predictions are reasonable based on your AS grades, they should definitely consider your application. Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by jemmaaa0853
As you're not predicted an A*, they would be a bit of a risk. But as long as your predictions are reasonable based on your AS grades, they should definitely consider your application. Good luck!

Thanks. I didn't know A* grades were possible at AS Level.
Original post by Certified
Thanks. I didn't know A* grades were possible at AS Level.

They're not, sorry I misread the post! I thought they were your A2 predictions. If you achieve those AS grades and go on to get predicted an A* then there shouldn't be any issue.
You've got a while before you have to make any decisions yet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending