Ive applied online so im waiting for their response:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay, same as Next then really!
Original post by Ishax
Oh okay, same as Next then really!

Ahh okay!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ishax
Thanks! That's fine. You just need to apply online via there website, you need to take English Maths and Personality test. English and Maths is combined, it's pretty easy so you'll be fine. You apply to a position, then they should contact you within two weeks to conduct a telephone interview. If you get a email, then it's not good news I'm afraid :frown:

After the telephone interview, its team assessment which I had today and I got told I have the job. I also got £10 on gift card and £10 in cash for attending :smile:

What job are you looking to apply for?

EDIT: Oops forgot to mention, they don't ask for qualifications or experience :smile:

Well after my A-Levels I am planning to do an apprenticeship then after that I will be working full time.
I'm surprised they don't ask you about your qualifications though. Do yo put thst when applying in the first place?
Thanks though! :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by ak143244
Well after my A-Levels I am planning to do an apprenticeship then after that I will be working full time.
I'm surprised they don't ask you about your qualifications though. Do yo put thst when applying in the first place?
Thanks though! :smile:

No, you just fill in the relevant information on the application form. They don't even ask for a CV surprisingly!
Original post by Ishax
No, you just fill in the relevant information on the application form. They don't even ask for a CV surprisingly!

They need bodies and many leave after a week or two. It's great for their business also because everyone's family uses their discount.
Reply 25
Original post by Theplace
They need bodies and many leave after a week or two. It's great for their business also because everyone's family uses their discount.

I don't think think you read the thread title, I have a permanent contract :smile: plus I'm not going to leave, a job is a job. I need a job and the money lol! I'm also getting a lot of employee benefits too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ishax
I don't think think you read the thread title, I have a permanent contract :smile: plus I'm not going to leave, a job is a job. I need a job and the money lol! I'm also getting a lot of employee benefits too.

What's a permanent contact? Is it for a set number of years?
Reply 27
Original post by Theplace
What's a permanent contact? Is it for a set number of years?

You can get temporary and permanent contract. Temporary means you will work there's for a set amount of weeks. Permanent means you work there indefinite and have to give 1 month notice if you wish to leave. I will get all of these benefits as I'm permanent. I'm required to work 16 hours a week. The lady who did my team assessment said it's really easy to get more hours etc.

But yes, I could work there for years until my degree finishes and I find a full time job :smile: .. I get paid £6.95 per hour as per national minimum wage. This can rise with Next on the bonus scheme if I'm good. The pay is good!

IMG_9315.PNG
Attachment not found
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ishax

Wow! I'm surprised.
Thanks for the advice. :smile:

Congratz on your new job.
Good luck in the future! :smile:
How long you planning on working for though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by ak143244
Wow! I'm surprised.
Thanks for the advice. :smile:

Congratz on your new job.
Good luck in the future! :smile:

Considering it's Next and a permanent position aswell! I could understand if it's temporary.

Thank you :smile: you too.
Reply 31
Original post by Ayaz789
How long you planning on working for though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Until after I graduate and get a full time job :smile:
I don't know if this was asked by how did you get your job position and did you have any experience prior?
Original post by Ishax

Ahh okay good:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by Blackstarr
I don't know if this was asked by how did you get your job position and did you have any experience prior?

They didn't ask me for experience in the application form. I had to complete a English Maths and Personality test online, I had telephone interview then I had one hour and halfish assessment. I'm a Stockroom Assistant but I wasn't told the address of the stockroom as I'm not allowed to have it until I'm employed LOL

I was assessed in the stock room and shop floor.

Stock room: I was here for 15/20 minutes. The guy was observing me completing tasks etc. He had to write comments about me and tick boxes. They were also told to sign and date it.

Shop floor: front floor. I was put by the entrance for like 15/20 minutes. I got really good comments, I tried to listen to what they were saying about me (two girls observing me). Same here, they both had to write comments and tick boxes. Sign and date here also.

She didn't ask me about previous experience.

I can tell you what the people who observed me said and what they liked? I can go into more detail if you like :smile:
Original post by Ishax
They didn't ask me for experience in the application form. I had to complete a English Maths and Personality test online, I had telephone interview then I had one hour and halfish assessment. I'm a Stockroom Assistant but I wasn't told the address of the stockroom as I'm not allowed to have it until I'm employed LOL

I was assessed in the stock room and shop floor.

Stock room: I was here for 15/20 minutes. The guy was observing me completing tasks etc. He had to write comments about me and tick boxes. They were also told to sign and date it.

Shop floor: front floor. I was put by the entrance for like 15/20 minutes. I got really good comments, I tried to listen to what they were saying about me (two girls observing me). Same here, they both had to write comments and tick boxes. Sign and date here also.

She didn't ask me about previous experience.

I can tell you what the people who observed me said and what they liked? I can go into more detail if you like :smile:

What kind of stuff did they say and was the application form completed online or handed by person?
Reply 36
Original post by Blackstarr
What kind of stuff did they say and was the application form completed online or handed by person?

Online :smile:

Stockroom: He said I had open body language and I engaged in small chat with him (be friendly) and I didn't talk too much either. I just said "how long have you been working here?" and small talk started. I smiled and just got on with it. I can't remember more, but the interviewer said really positive comments to me and liked that I engaged in conversation with him.

Shop floor: I smiled a lot, I approached a lot of customers and spoke to them. One customer saw me and approached "me" for help as I just smiled at her. I think they saw this and really liked it. She approached me about returns, but I didn't know what to say as I'm on my assessment so I got this guy to help me out. (The interviewer knew this and liked the fact I asked for help because obviously I'm not trained and they can't expect me to know everything). Also I approached another customer and said "hello" and just smiled really, she asked me about the top size and if we had anymore in stock. Then the woman observing came and helped me out as I didn't know what to say obviously as I haven't been trained. The interviewer knew about this too. I also fixed hangers and walked around a lot to approach customer service etc. At the start, I approached a customer and said "hello" twice and he just ignored me. I told the girl observing me even though she saw it, she said it's fine some are like that lol.

The two girls who observed me also said I have good confidence, I approached all the customers and was really friendly. One customer even approached me. She said I adapted really well and was good. Even though I applied for the stock floor position.

Main part is to be confident, really nice, friendly and engage in small chat. They can't expect you to know everything, they will train you. They really push on customer service! Hence I had two assessments, even one on shopfloor even though I didn't apply for that position :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
How much do you get paid an hours and how old are you?
Original post by Ishax

GL let use know how it goes!
Congrats! What are you most excited for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending