The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Those the idol worshippers made partners to Allah, worshipping them and believing in them as partners in creation and as gods under God, are in manifest error.

When studying even a single cell , the intricacies of the varying pathways and processes as well as the very structure of the cell itself amazes us. Put aside an actual living organism, like the Fly.

How could such a thing be attributed to material, shaped, seeable gods? You mould it, and it has constituent parts, you can break it up into pieces, you can see and comprehend it, and it occupies location. Some give their 'gods' a thousand images, ignoring the fact Allah azwj is beyond all comprehension.

There is only one God, the only God, immaterial, the giver of all forms who himself has no form. Creation can never be like the creator.

It is my belief that this is part of the fitrah of the human being.

Tawheed is the foundation of everything. It gives purpose to our lives, and the biggest blessing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
Additionally, there are those who i vehemently oppose in terms of a particular belief. But i do not equate the person with the belief [only actions]. So to soften my heart, i question if i too , would be holding the same belief as them, had i been born in their household, had the social conditioning they had, and was exposed to the same environment and biases. It may be i would have, and coming to what i now feel is truth, would have taken a bit longer.

It is wrong to think: Fulan is evil, because he holds a belief.

Rather it may be that Fulan has had social conditioning, family pressure, decades of misconceptions forming layer after layer, which will, if they truly seek truth, take a little longer to erode, if Allah so wills.

It may be that i would have been the Fulan i argue against if i had been born under another household and environment.

Maybe i should be aware of that, and be more humble and socially aware.

:lol:
Loving the underhanded dig going on here.
Original post by Al-farhan
:lol:
Loving the underhanded dig going on here.

Wallah, i did not have anyone on my mind when writing this. It was a very general reflection on every debate, from other brothers, from those in speakers corner debating christians, atheists, and so on and so forth.

The first intended recipient of that reflection , first and foremost, was myself.

Some of our greatest ambassadors have been previously christian. It would be wrong to have judged them as wilfully ignorant and never to come to accept truth.

Ultimately, it is on Allah to guide whom he wills, and for us to be open, compassionate, and seek mutual understanding and respect.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Enginerd.
Work? :ahee: I'm in Uni everyday, probably 23 hours a week. My lecture got cancelled for today though, probably just go gym a bit earlier.:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

whaaat

i go in 4 hours a week... but that's cos i bunk a lot :u:
i have a question for all you university students

do you bother going to lectures if you know they're going to be recorded and put online on the university website

i really see no point in going to lectures.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by faith 101
whaaat

i go in 4 hours a week... but that's cos i bunk a lot :u:

4 hours only? I guess if they're put online then it's okay as long as you do go over them in your own time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enginerd.
4 hours only? I guess if they're put online then it's okay as long as you do go over them in your own time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

From this week, i will roughly go in for 2 hours per week now

cos im gonna start bunking a 2 hour lecture because the lecturer has started uploading online as well :biggrin:

yes, i learn so much from the online uploads.. but it takes a lot of time to go through each lecture. there is quite a lot of work
(edited 7 years ago)
From this week, i will roughly go in for 2 hours per week now

cos im gonna start bunking a 2 hour lecture because the lecturer has started uploading online as well :biggrin:

yes, i learn so much from the online uploads.. but it takes a lot of time to go through each lecture. there is quite a lot of work

Does attendance not count for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Does attendance not count for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

count? what do you mean?

well, the uni says that you'll get a warning if your attendance drops below 70% (iirc)... but that's never happened to me

i missed a lot of first year lectures as well.. but nothing happened :colone:

and anyway, most lecturers do not monitor attendance
anyone been watching the latest series of videos by omar suleiman on bayyinah on youtube?

https://www.youtube.com/user/BayyinahInstitute/videos

the videos are really good. He handles the questions very well.
[video="youtube;Gx8DzDKEFXQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx8DzDKEFXQ[/video]
count? what do you mean?

well, the uni says that you'll get a warning if your attendance drops below 70% (iirc)... but that's never happened to me

i missed a lot of first year lectures as well.. but nothing happened :colone:

and anyway, most lecturers do not monitor attendance

Oh I see. Make sure it doesn't happen then lol

First year is calm so it's alright.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mkap
well i float between both countries haha. yeah i remember you :biggrin: im good alhamdulillah wby

Yeah alhamdulliah good/
Reply 4073
Original post by redleader1
Yeah alhamdulliah good/

found a wife yet? :lol:
Salams everyone, hope you all had a good day :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ak143244

W. Salaam, yep! Alhumdulillah, was good. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ak143244

Walaykum asalaam.
Alhamdulillah yes I have, hope you have too.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Enough debate for me today. I have to go eat chawal anyway :tongue: Want some chawal Raheel Sharif saab?
no bro I'm retiring soon and will be eating Chawal for the remainder of my days :smile:
Does this thread not count as free-mixing
Original post by YouHaveProblems
Does this thread not count as free-mixing

I asked this question to two knowledgeable individuals once (Ustadh Tim Humble and Mufti Menk) as I was very confused about this issue. Both of them comfirmed it is okay as long as certain conditions are met: we must not engage in unnecessary chit chat with the opposite gender, usernames need to be appropriate (yes I violate this condition but i wasn't aware back then), and we need to maintain a modest conduct in general. Employing foul words etc.. is wrong.
The thread should be utilized purely for the sake of Islamic benefit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest