The Student Room Group

Think Ahead and Frontiline Program 2014/2015 cohort

Hi I am on my final year at uni and looking to apply for these programs.
I would like to hear from anyone who has been successful at the application process and are in the program or has finished it already. Are you happy with the program?
Any tips for the application process would also be truly appreciated.
Could you please be kind enough to share your experience with us?
Thank you so much in advance :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Ah it's coming up as 2014/2015.. maybe change it to 2017?

I've sent off my application and am waiting to hear back to see if I've been invited to an assessment day. I'm pretty hopeful, but I've also applied for Frontline and have been put on the reserve list. I think this was due to an average result in the verbal reasoning test. I'm wondering if we have one of those at the assessment day for Think Ahead..
Reply 2
Original post by StudentAgain1
Ah it's coming up as 2014/2015.. maybe change it to 2017?

I've sent off my application and am waiting to hear back to see if I've been invited to an assessment day. I'm pretty hopeful, but I've also applied for Frontline and have been put on the reserve list. I think this was due to an average result in the verbal reasoning test. I'm wondering if we have one of those at the assessment day for Think Ahead..

I did 2014/2015 bcse I wanted to hear from the cohort that have started at those dates... I would like to know how they are getting on, if they can give us tips for the application process.
I've sent my application last Monday.
How long did it take for you to hear from them?
I've now got an interview for frontline.. just waiting for the link to complete it. I'm still waiting to hear back from Think Ahead
Reply 4
I have applied to Think Ahead, received an email inviting me to take the Situational Judgement Test exactly three weeks after sending off my application.

Frontline does sound interesting, however I do not have the UCAS points to apply :frown:

Think Ahead really appealed to me though, so I'm really hoping to be successful!
Just to let you know, Think Ahead doesn't have a 2014/15 cohort as it only started this year. I'm on the first cohort if you want any info!
Reply 6
Original post by RakelTheCheese
Just to let you know, Think Ahead doesn't have a 2014/15 cohort as it only started this year. I'm on the first cohort if you want any info!

I got the wrong information from somewhere... never mind thank you for letting me know.
I've tried to change the dates and I couldn't... I will try on my laptop later maybe is bcse I am on the phone.
Can you tell me how did you find it so far? I know it's only a few weeks since you started but the first impressions are sometimes the true ones before our brains get used to the situation...are you placed in a trust or local authority? Did you get a case to look at yet? Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure it is what I think is.
Many thanks again :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by al_h
I have applied to Think Ahead, received an email inviting me to take the Situational Judgement Test exactly three weeks after sending off my application.

Frontline does sound interesting, however I do not have the UCAS points to apply :frown:

Think Ahead really appealed to me though, so I'm really hoping to be successful!

Hi there I presume you are doing a degree at the moment and in my opinion if you get the results they want 2:1 they will probably get you in the program (Frontline) if you are a good candidate and show that you have the right skills, so I would say you should apply and see.
The guy who came to uni to tell us about the program gave us his email his name is Johnson, I would suggest you to email him and ask, I had emailed him a few times he always answer in a very friendly manner, good luck :smile:
[email protected]
Reply 8
Hi everyone I have tried to change the title and I can't so I have started a new thread with the dates 2016/2017 and hopefully we will get more responses from it. Sorry for my confusion.
Thanks for getting in touch :smile:

/showthread.php?t=4368032
Reply 9
Original post by StudentAgain1
I've now got an interview for frontline.. just waiting for the link to complete it. I'm still waiting to hear back from Think Ahead

Well done!!!
I have not applied for Frontline yet...I have started a new thread for Think Ahead have a look below maybe we should start one for Frontline too :smile:
Best luck on your interview
Reply 10

Hi I could not change the title or delete the thread, so I have started a new Thread.

/showthread.php?t=4368032

Thank you for your support :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by darling35
Hi there I presume you are doing a degree at the moment and in my opinion if you get the results they want 2:1 they will probably get you in the program (Frontline) if you are a good candidate and show that you have the right skills, so I would say you should apply and see.
The guy who came to uni to tell us about the program gave us his email his name is Johnson, I would suggest you to email him and ask, I had emailed him a few times he always answer in a very friendly manner, good luck :smile:
[email protected]

I actually graduated from uni in 2014! thank you for the contact though, I will email him just to make sure. Although the website says they will no consider anyone with less than 240 UCAS points!
Reply 12
Original post by al_h
I actually graduated from uni in 2014! thank you for the contact though, I will email him just to make sure. Although the website says they will no consider anyone with less than 240 UCAS points!

O problem :smile:
I got the wrong information from somewhere... never mind thank you for letting me know.
I've tried to change the dates and I couldn't... I will try on my laptop later maybe is bcse I am on the phone.
Can you tell me how did you find it so far? I know it's only a few weeks since you started but the first impressions are sometimes the true ones before our brains get used to the situation...are you placed in a trust or local authority? Did you get a case to look at yet? Sorry for all the questions just want to make sure it is what I think is.
Many thanks again :smile:

Hiya,
I'm really enjoying it so far - it's very hard work, but it's worth it. I'm placed in an NHS trust, and I currently have four cases. Don't worry about asking too many questions, fire away!
Reply 14
Hiya,
I'm really enjoying it so far - it's very hard work, but it's worth it. I'm placed in an NHS trust, and I currently have four cases. Don't worry about asking too many questions, fire away!

So happy to hear that!! :smile:
Are you placed in London?
Thank you for replaying to our thread it's really kind of you..
So happy to hear that!! :smile:
Are you placed in London?
Thank you for replaying to our thread it's really kind of you..

No, I'm in Coventry, where are you hoping to be?
Reply 16

I leave in East Sussex so hoping to get a place in London as I believe is the closest location. They say South East region but don't specify where.
I leave in East Sussex so hoping to get a place in London as I believe is the closest location. They say South East region but don't specify where.

I think there are some other placements in the south east but I'm not sure where, my geography of that area isn't great! There are definitely loads in London though
Hi all,

I didnt get through the Think Ahead process, although fortunately I'm much more passioante about Frontline! I am currently at the video interview stage! I'm really hoping to get through to the Assessment centre and eventually a place on the course but I am really rather nervous about the video interview. I wanted to apply for Frontline in 2014 but didn't feel I had enough life experience fresh out of University so I'm really hoping my experience from the past two years pays off.

Let me know how you all get on.

Gemma.
(edited 7 years ago)

Hi,
I can see it was a long time ago that you posted about doing the Front Line programme in Coventry. I just wondered if you could give an update on how you found the programme?
I’ve just got through to the assessment centre for next years programme.
I am Warwickshire so believe I may be placed in Cov, would you say it’s possible to work there without a car? I have epilepsy so exempt from driving which is a real pain for all of these programmes!
Thanks so much if you are able to provide any info.

Quick Reply

Latest