The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1600
Original post by sosob
Oh that's sad :frown: do you know when?

usually sometime after Jan 15th
Any offers from Bristol/KCL/Nottingham yet?
Got an offer from Lancaster for NatSci :smile:
Guys im a little worried about my application

Overall my GCEs were 5A*s 4As, AS were 4As and predicted 2A* 1A. I applied to LSE, Oxford,Nottingham, Warwick and Birmingham , all for Law. The issue i have is my personal statement. I dont feel its the best one out there, but i know my teachers reference would have been amazing and grades i guess are decent but did i make a mistake with all these choices? How much would my PS hinder my chances?. Im really hoping for LSE. If an LSE law alumni could go over my PS in private and tell me my chances that would really calm my nerves.
Original post by Obiejess
When did you send off your application?

2 weeks ago
Anybody received offers from Kent yet?
Did anyone else here submit an open application to Oxbridge? :smile:

A friend just got an offer for Politics from York.
Original post by emmaann24
I've received an unconditional from Birmingham, but haven't heard anything back (other than acknowledgements) from my other 4 (Bristol, Warwick, Exeter and Essex)

Congratulations on your unconditional! When did you send off your application and when did you receive a reply?
Original post by tmwilliams
Did anyone else here submit an open application to Oxbridge? :smile:

I admire you for doing an open application, I thought of it for half a second and went "nope"... I quite like having a choice ^^ Do you know which college you were allocated to yet?
Original post by eatyourmattress
Congratulations on your unconditional! When did you send off your application and when did you receive a reply?

Thank you!! I sent my application off on 29/9, and received a reply last Tuesday, so the 11/10!!
Got my 2nd offer

From Nottingham (Politics & IR for AAB)
So surprised how quick I'm getting responses
Anyone applying for History of Art? :smile:

I've applied to read History of Art at Oxford, St. Andrews, Edinburgh, York, and Bristol. How about yourself? Any offers yet? :smile:
Original post by mazzaion
I admire you for doing an open application, I thought of it for half a second and went "nope"... I quite like having a choice ^^ Do you know which college you were allocated to yet?

Nope, but they said they'd let me know over the course of next week. I thought I'd make an open application since there are only 5 colleges that offer History of Art at Oxford and I just couldn't decide :biggrin:
Original post by sophieaxon
I've applied to read History of Art at Oxford, St. Andrews, Edinburgh, York, and Bristol. How about yourself? Any offers yet? :smile:

I've applied to Edinburgh, St Andrews, UCL, Courtauld Institute and Oxford. Submitted on Friday, nothing except acknowledgments so far... The waiting is killing me! What about you? :smile:
Original post by sophieaxon

Which college did you apply to at Oxford? :smile:
Original post by emmaann24
I've received an unconditional from Birmingham, but haven't heard anything back (other than acknowledgements) from my other 4 (Bristol, Warwick, Exeter and Essex)

That's amazing to get an unconditional for law; well done!! Jealous :h:
Just got an offer from Bristol for Biology :h:
History and Politics at Oxford (Balliol), Durham (University), UCL, KCL and LSE. When can I expect offers/rejections?
(edited 7 years ago)
I've applied to Edinburgh, St Andrews, UCL, Courtauld Institute and Oxford. Submitted on Friday, nothing except acknowledgments so far... The waiting is killing me! What about you? :smile:

Likewise, I've only received acknowledgment emails so far. Let's hope we receive some offers soon! In the meantime, I'm trying to distract myself with the written work for Oxford. What piece of art/architecture/design have you based your essay on? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending