The Student Room Group

Advice needed!-Theft occurred in the student Hall at university

Scroll to see replies

Out of curiosity, which uni is this?
Hi,

I believe that the thief is still using my phone. I have already sent an email to the service provider to look for the location of the phone. Do you think that the serial number of the phone would be sufficient to track the phone?
Reply 42
Original post by celiacheung85
Hi,

I believe that the thief is still using my phone. I have already sent an email to the service provider to look for the location of the phone. Do you think that the serial number of the phone would be sufficient to track the phone?

You should really ask your service provider to lock the phone. Idk if a serial number can help.
Heriot Watt university
Hi,

I have already used the tracking function to find the address of the thief, gave it to the police but I have heard nothing from the police.

You will soon get all the items back, Do,you know if the address is in the school?
AS I said any android phone can be tracked using android device manager which is built into all android phones
Unfortunately, the address shown is not in the university.

Check android device manager
Unfortunately, it is no longer online.....
Contact your service provider to get the phone and sim card blocked.

Why are visitors allowed in without signing in?
Hi ThePlace:

Since the rooms at the hall I lived at use electronic lock only, it is really not that hard to break in anyway without a trace. You can use a plastic film to unlock electronic lock anyway. A lady told me that a locksmith used the same trick to open the door for her and charge her 50 pounds for it.

Please take a look at this video:

http://hk.on.cc/hk/bkn/cnt/news/20150530/bkn-20150530152920302-0530_00822_001.html

It is an article written in Chinese. But click on the video of the article. You would see what I mean, it is a video that shows you that it is possible to use plastic film to unlock electronic lock in around 30 seconds:
Hi ThePlace:

Since the rooms at the hall I lived at use electronic lock only, it is really not that hard to break in anyway without a trace. You can use a plastic film to unlock electronic lock anyway. A lady told me that a locksmith used the same trick to open the door for her and charge her 50 pounds for it.

Please take a look at this video:

http://hk.on.cc/hk/bkn/cnt/news/20150530/bkn-20150530152920302-0530_00822_001.html

It is an article written in Chinese. But click on the video of the article. You would see what I mean, it is a video that shows you that it is possible to use plastic film to unlock electronic lock in around 30 seconds:

Well,,you are a good sleeper?
True. By the way, thank you so much for your help. ThePlace.

The whole situation is extremely....upsetting.

According to the security department record, the almost empty purse was handed in at the same day it was being stolen. My student ID card was in it. All you need to do is to use the information of the student ID card to find my university email address to inform me. But the purse was sitting at the department for a whole week (It seemed that noone in the department knew about it at that time) until an university email with no name, job title and Heriot Watt icon was sent to my university email address (The webmaster thought that it was not from the university when he/she looked at that email and changed his/her mind later), the security department manager told me that that email was a draft being typed up by someone and was being sent by the system. When I confronted the security department manager why the purse was there the whole week and noone thought of informing me earlier, he became quite upset. I asked a number of security guards I know in that university, I was being told that this situation is very abnormal. The security guard that know about it normally would have informed me straight away.

Yeah, I would meet with the adviser on this Wednesday. Wish me luck. I have asked the student union to send someone to go with me to this meeting as an independent party because I want my rights to be protected. But the student union is not willing to do so.
True. By the way, thank you so much for your help. ThePlace.

The whole situation is extremely....upsetting.

According to the security department record, the almost empty purse was handed in at the same day it was being stolen. My student ID card was in it. All you need to do is to use the information of the student ID card to find my university email address to inform me. But the purse was sitting at the department for a whole week (It seemed that noone in the department knew about it at that time) until an university email with no name, job title and Heriot Watt icon was sent to my university email address (The webmaster thought that it was not from the university when he/she looked at that email and changed his/her mind later), the security department manager told me that that email was a draft being typed up by someone and was being sent by the system. When I confronted the security department manager why the purse was there the whole week and noone thought of informing me earlier, he became quite upset. I asked a number of security guards I know in that university, I was being told that this situation is very abnormal. The security guard that know about it normally would have informed me straight away.

Yeah, I would meet with the adviser on this Wednesday. Wish me luck. I have asked the student union to send someone to go with me to this meeting as an independent party because I want my rights to be protected. But the student union is not willing to do so.

Maybe it was a secitrity guard. What if,you had worked up. PS ask your parents...there's may be insurance with your ticket.

Quick Reply