The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MartynaJP6
I found out on Friday that I'm predicted a 9 for Chemistry... I was never expecting it, now I know I really need to get myself together and proper work hard!

That's amazing! I'm predicted an A* so I need to work really hard too, however I did come out of ks3 with an 8c in science so it is one of my strongest subjects. Good luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MartynaJP6
I found out on Friday that I'm predicted a 9 for Chemistry... I was never expecting it, now I know I really need to get myself together and proper work hard!

A 9 in a science 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾. Prepare to work your arse off though
Original post by Sardonic Zarah
I think I can only deal with number topics in maths, shapes, graphs etc are just so much effort. Are you with AQA

I am finding out my board tommorow then I'll get back to you I think Im with AQA though. Are you?
Original post by Alexemmamay3101
That's amazing! I'm predicted an A* so I need to work really hard too, however I did come out of ks3 with an 8c in science so it is one of my strongest subjects. Good luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sameee, however I came out of ks3 with a 7a-8c and I am predicted an 8.
Original post by Stephaniex
I am finding out my board tommorow then I'll get back to you I think Im with AQA though. Are you?

I'm with edexcel, 3 1 hour and a 1/2 exams 🙄
Reply 325
lool all of you guys are predicted 9s and 8s and I'm her with predictions of 4s :h:

anyway has anyone of u guys done a specimen (sample assessment) paper in maths or science. we did the aqa one in maths and it was absolutely dreadful:angry::s-smilie:
Original post by forre
lool all of you guys are predicted 9s and 8s and I'm her with predictions of 4s :h:

anyway has anyone of u guys done a specimen (sample assessment) paper in maths or science. we did the aqa one in maths and it was absolutely dreadful:angry::s-smilie:

Hey, 4s are good (they're like Cs), if you work hard you could aim even higher than your predicted grades.

For maths, every month I do a GCSE paper. In September, I got a low A which equates to a 7/8
Reply 327
Oh wow thats good man😭 i should be getting my result roday , so wish me luck🙏
And i really dont care about predicted grades as ive already gotten waay higher in maths and physics(i think 😝😂)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by forre
Oh wow thats good man😭 i should be getting my result roday , so wish me luck🙏
And i really dont care about predicted grades as ive already gotten waay higher in maths and physics(i think 😝😂)

You'll ace it 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! And likewise, well done! We're gonna have to work hard, but it will all be worth it :smile:
A 9 in a science 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾. Prepare to work your arse off though
Thank you, and I know, I'm bracing myself, but I'm prepared to work as hard as I need to :smile: After all, it will all be worth it!
Reply 331
You'll ace it 😊

Thanks , i got my result (only for physics tho)
I got a 6 which im very happy about 😂😉
Original post by forre
Thanks , i got my result (only for physics tho)
I got a 6 which im very happy about 😂😉

Give it two years and it'll be 9s all round 😂😊
Reply 333
Obviously 😉
I did quite good compared to my class as the highest grade was a 7+ and only one person got it.

Anyway have u got any results?
Original post by forre
Obviously 😉
I did quite good compared to my class as the highest grade was a 7+ and only one person got it.

Anyway have u got any results?

Well done! I get my physics test back tomorrow and I'm so scared!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done! I get my physics test back tomorrow and I'm so scared!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry about it, It'll probably be great af 😂😊
What's everyone doing in maths?
I'm currently doing trig and surds

I finished that topic a few weeks ago. I found it quite easy except for rationalising denominators with surds. I have took lots of extra work home to try and ace it but I'm still not getting them correct every time.
Getting so stressed right now because of my anxiety, I have my unit one English language in November and my unit one English lit in Jan. Advice?

On another note anyone else had lots of test lately? The only results I have had back so far are:
Spanish: A
Chemistry: A
Biology: A*
I'm getting two maths tests and a physics back next week and feel like I've done terrible :frown:
How's everyone else doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had a lot of tests lately. I don't know what grade I got in most of them but I know what mark.
English-29/40 (grade 6)
Spanish Picture Based Speaking-17/24
Maths-27/29
Chemistry-38/39- I could have got full marks but when I looked at the mark scheme I talked my teacher out of one of the marks because I didn't think U deserved it- I'm too honest
Biology- something like 34/56 (grade 5)
Business-36/45 (A)
I'm going to get my physics and geography tests back after my 2 week holiday which started yesterday
Last week I had a parents evening with my subject teachers and some of them have told me especially my chemistry, biology, physics and geography teachers that I need to start making notes from my books to revise from in year 11 now. I won't have time to make them in year 11 i'll want to be revising. On the good side 3 of my teachers have said they want a class full of me because I want to do well and I'm always doing the work and wanting to do more. By the way I'm aimed minimum 7s in all my subjects but all my teachers expect higher so 7s and 9s.
Edit: Also, my teachers have started talking about revision books. My geography teacher is going to be selling the OCR CGP revision guide and workbook cheaply at school and my English teacher has advised me in which ones to buy. For language I'm going to buy the CGP AQA revision guide and workbook.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by carlypower9
I finished that topic a few weeks ago. I found it quite easy except for rationalising denominators with surds. I have took lots of extra work home to try and ace it but I'm still not getting them correct every time.

Make sure you explicitly show your working out so you can work out where you went wrong

Latest