The Student Room Group

Threadworm problems!!

Right, to start with, I am a very hygienic person due to where I work (A gp surgery) but I have managed to get threadworms... These little buggers are absoultuley disgusting and hate the fact I have them.

I think I may be systematic to them as I have had them around 3 times in 3 years, I seem to get them but my family don't!

My big question is, what's the cheapest and most efficient way of getting rid of them? I don't wanna pay silly money like 7 quid for one tablet... Especially when I don't get paid till the 20th!
Original post by Anonymous
Right, to start with, I am a very hygienic person due to where I work (A gp surgery) but I have managed to get threadworms... These little buggers are absoultuley disgusting and hate the fact I have them.

I think I may be systematic to them as I have had them around 3 times in 3 years, I seem to get them but my family don't!

My big question is, what's the cheapest and most efficient way of getting rid of them? I don't wanna pay silly money like 7 quid for one tablet... Especially when I don't get paid till the 20th!

Everything you need to know is here:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Threadworms/Pages/Treatment.aspx

Just take the medication from a regular pharmacist. The only alternative remedy is to fast and live on carrots for a while which *may* poison them. I strongly recommend proper medication which will work if you are scrupulously clean. Don't buy anything off the net. Are you are a nail biter? This is how the lifecycle is often perpetuated.

Quick Reply

Latest