The Student Room Group

pls help me with what to do with my life

keeping it quick:

am in yr 13

doing 4 Alevels (English, Maths, Latin, History) dont really like History but I'm applying for English at university. Already sent of my UCAS application to (Cam, UCL, KCL, Birm, Dur)

Am also applying for US, (Brown, Penn, Chicago etc)

This is all too overwhelming, and I need to dorp seomthing, whether it be an A Level or abandoning my application to US bc there's so much pressure and stress and I need to alleviate it somehow and I don't know what to do at all.

should i dorp history and/or usa applications

my heart says yes pls drop both, but my head says i can drop one thing and keep another but I'm not sure which
Original post by unknowntsr
keeping it quick:

am in yr 13

doing 4 Alevels (English, Maths, Latin, History) dont really like History but I'm applying for English at university. Already sent of my UCAS application to (Cam, UCL, KCL, Birm, Dur)

This is all too overwhelming, and I need to dorp seomthing, whether it be an A Level or abandoning my application to US bc there's so much pressure and stress and I need to alleviate it somehow and I don't know what to do at all.

my heart says yes pls drop both, but my head says i can drop one thing and keep another but I'm not sure which

Bare in mind, you need to make the universities you have applied to aware if you decide to drop a subject. I think the real question is do you want to go to university in the uk or the usa?
Reply 2
if you're really keen to study in the US then i'd say drop a subject and focus on the applications to study there and vice versa basically
keeping it quick:

am in yr 13

Do you need four a levels for the courses you're applying to? If not, my advice is to drop an a level rather than a uni choice. That's what I did anyway, except it's the Republic of Ireland I applied to, not the US.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
Bare in mind, you need to make the universities you have applied to aware if you decide to drop a subject. I think the real question is do you want to go to university in the uk or the usa?

i think i honestly just want to stay in the uk and focus on three a levels but ill be wasting all the effort i've put into US so far, (doing ACT etc) and I don't want to make a rash decision . i would rather go a grad degree in the states or something i don't know!
i think i honestly just want to stay in the uk and focus on three a levels but ill be wasting all the effort i've put into US so far, (doing ACT etc) and I don't want to make a rash decision . i would rather go a grad degree in the states or something i don't know!

Then focus on the uk applications then, it's not a waste if you learnt something from the us application experience :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by claireestelle
Then focus on the uk applications then, it's not a waste if you learnt something from the us application experience :smile:

sorry to be annoying, but do you think it's wise to drop history, or best to drop maths?
sorry to be annoying, but do you think it's wise to drop history, or best to drop maths?

Maths
Reply 8

Drop the subject you are weaker in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending