The Student Room Group

I want to make friends :(

My name is Moon and I am Denish Pakistani, living in the UK from last 13 years. I am studying business management at a red brick university.
I am a very boring person and thats the reason I don't have any friend. This is leading to depression and is making me lonely.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Moongirl950
My name is Moon and I am Denish Pakistani, living in the UK from last 13 years. I am studying business management at a red brick university.
I am a very boring person and thats the reason I don't have any friend. This is leading to depression and is making me lonely.

Well your not boring, what do you like find someone who likes the same thing as you like Anime, TV Show, A Particular Sport, B*tching about current going on in the world, Music, band and Etc. Eventually if you keep hanging out with that person there forced to accept you, Thats how I got my friends, through sheer will power. Plus the Conversation starters I mentioned above.
Wait is it actually Moon
Reply 3

if you believe you are boring then yes you will be a boring person, change your mindset and just go out and talk to anyone and everyone, trust me I know its daunting at first but you are bound to make new friends!
Reply 4
No one is boring, you just have different interests. Try and find someone who has the same interests as you. 13 is a hard age to be at! Maybe join some clubs at schools, or even outside of school that interest you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I too am curious if the OP's name is Moon lmao.
Reply 6
Hi moon, (is that your real name? If so then you are officially the coolestperson I know)

Dont worry about all that, I dont have any friends either, because most people dont share any interests with me. Try not to worry about it, and be asian and study and get good grades,

Spoiler

Reply 7
Original post by Popsiclez
Well your not boring, what do you like find someone who likes the same thing as you like Anime, TV Show, A Particular Sport, B*tching about current going on in the world, Music, band and Etc. Eventually if you keep hanging out with that person there forced to accept you, Thats how I got my friends, through sheer will power. Plus the Conversation starters I mentioned above.

Yes, my name is Moon.
I can't find anyone at my university with an interest in reading books. Most of them think its childish thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by asinghj
Hi moon, (is that your real name? If so then you are officially the coolestperson I know)

Dont worry about all that, I dont have any friends either, because most people dont share any interests with me. Try not to worry about it, and be asian and study and get good grades,

Spoiler

Why would I lie about my name? You are not the first person to poke fun out of my name.
I am trying my best to do well at university. The thing is that i can't find apne log at my university :frown: tbh I think I am ganno fail this year because of depression.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Dkaurp
No one is boring, you just have different interests. Try and find someone who has the same interests as you. 13 is a hard age to be at! Maybe join some clubs at schools, or even outside of school that interest you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have joined 2 societies at my university, made a friend but he was a pedo. :/ so I blocked him from everywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I think Moon is such a cool name-let's be friends!! :biggrin:
Original post by retro_turtles
Wait is it actually Moon

:yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never met a pakistani called Moon before!
Original post by Naf_A
I think Moon is such a cool name-let's be friends!! :biggrin:

Thank you :smile:
How are you?
Original post by retro_turtles
Never met a pakistani called Moon before!

Well, you met me today. My grandmaa used to say that I am a unique person and thats the reason my parents named me Moon.
Well, you met me today. My grandmaa used to say that I am a unique person and thats the reason my parents named me Moon.

Well your grandma is probably right
Reply 16
Thank you :smile:
How are you?

Well there you go! I just learnt such a cool and interesting fact about you! Umm let me tell you a fact about myself: I'll have to get back to you on that-I don't think I can top one with a name like that!! :biggrin:
Yes, my name is Moon.
I can't find anyone at my university with an interest in reading books. Most of them think its childish thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm, have you tried expanding your interests trying something new and if you enjoy that, try finding people that like the same thing? You must wanna do other things than read?
[QUOTE="Naf_A;68088486"]Well there you go! I just learnt such a cool and interesting fact about you! Umm let me tell you a fact about myself: I'll have to get back to you on that-I don't think I can top one with a name like that!! :biggrin:[/QUOTE
Okay 🙂
Original post by Popsiclez
Hmmm, have you tried expanding your interests trying something new and if you enjoy that, try finding people that like the same thing? You must wanna do other things than read?

I am in my second year of university.I spend most of my time in the lecture and other crying because of the uni workload.

Quick Reply

Latest