The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by Jamz115
With the greatest respect... kez it's very easy to pass comment when you are on the inside when you are already in employment, when you can financially plan ahead with some surety. Have some thought for those who maybe are not currently in employment at all who are playing this waiting game who maybe cannot afford to put their life on hold whilst this process goes on. Everyone accepts there is a vigorous process and it has to be so as it is the government. My biggest issue is firstly when they tell you " it could take several weeks" and that fast becomes several months and secondly when there are several campaigns being recruited for at the same time. That seems illogical when they struggle with doing just one as it currently is.

Yes I am lucky I am in permanent employment and now financially secure BUT it wasn't always like that for me. Although I applied for other jobs and was successful in those and worked another position until HMRC came up just at the right time and place when I was looking for a move to a 9-5. Also when I joined the department, I was interviewed in April and didn't start work until November so the process has always been long and drawn out and that was including me already having a CTC check and certificate and sending it to the department. So you are not the only one that has been through this process and been frustrated about it. Starting a new job should be a positive experience but it's just something the department can't seem to get right and we can't get everything right 100% of the time. Humans errors and mistakes happen and it's unfortunate. Also there are no differences made between internal and external staff applying for external positions apart from the fact that internal staff do not need pre-employment checks as they already work for the department and have had these checks completed.

Anyway my colleague emailed E&C recruitment 2 weeks ago regarding formal offers and received a reply today stating they unable to confirm timescales for formal offers at this time. That was for 1320 campaign. The 20 working day timescale isn't up until the end of next week so he's hoping he will hear then.
Original post by kezxo
Yes I am lucky I am in permanent employment and now financially secure BUT it wasn't always like that for me. Although I applied for other jobs and was successful in those and worked another position until HMRC came up just at the right time and place when I was looking for a move to a 9-5. Also when I joined the department, I was interviewed in April and didn't start work until November so the process has always been long and drawn out and that was including me already having a CTC check and certificate and sending it to the department. So you are not the only one that has been through this process and been frustrated about it. Starting a new job should be a positive experience but it's just something the department can't seem to get right and we can't get everything right 100% of the time. Humans errors and mistakes happen and it's unfortunate. Also there are no differences made between internal and external staff applying for external positions apart from the fact that internal staff do not need pre-employment checks as they already work for the department and have had these checks completed.

Anyway my colleague emailed E&C recruitment 2 weeks ago regarding formal offers and received a reply today stating they unable to confirm timescales for formal offers at this time. That was for 1320 campaign. The 20 working day timescale isn't up until the end of next week so he's hoping he will hear then.

Yea awk I understand your point of view don't get me wrong . When I contact CSR they say the balls in the court of the vacancy holder ie. HMRC .. then you contact them and they give the generic we don't give timeacales etc so it seems they are rebounding off eachother pass the buck.
Original post by kezxo

Hi Kez,

All employment checks now complete, also just waiting on a start date, lol. I can only assume that ex TSP (1667 campaign) are on the same timescales for formal offers? Hopefully a few of us will hear by the end of the month then, and find out which depts we are all going to. Will def tip my hat when I get that far, which dept are you in?
Reply 303
Original post by MurphysLaw2471
Hi Kez,

All employment checks now complete, also just waiting on a start date, lol. I can only assume that ex TSP (1667 campaign) are on the same timescales for formal offers? Hopefully a few of us will hear by the end of the month then, and find out which depts we are all going to. Will def tip my hat when I get that far, which dept are you in?

Honestly I haven't got a clue. That was the email and news I heard today basically no timescales as yet. Just fingers crossed it's soon and preferably next week!

I'm IBSC (individual businesses and small companies) compliance currently but there's a lot of change happening so don't know where I'll be by the time you start! Will keep in touch though :smile:
Just got a call from HMRC to produce documents tomorrow. I've offers for 2 jobs O and HO but they were unable to confirm which job it was for but I assume it's the first one CSR/2066 and I'm Belfast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm applying for the 2066/15 campaign and a few weeks ago I was asked to deliver documents to Lisburn which I done on time and by hand.
Then last week or so I was asked to complete my Access NI - which again I completed on time and had them issue it directly to HMRC (address given in email)

I have now just checked my application and it has been withdrawn without any notification or reason given.
anyone had a similar experience?
Reply 306
Original post by Mirror.It
I'm applying for the 2066/15 campaign and a few weeks ago I was asked to deliver documents to Lisburn which I done on time and by hand.
Then last week or so I was asked to complete my Access NI - which again I completed on time and had them issue it directly to HMRC (address given in email)

I have now just checked my application and it has been withdrawn without any notification or reason given.
anyone had a similar experience?

Was your access NI clear?

Posted from TSR Mobile
except for reduced penalty (unintentional) for driving without insurance, yes.
I also declared this.
I spoke to recruitment and they have no information as to why it was withdrawn either and they are the ones who completed the checks.
My references were contacted last week and everything was fine on their end as well.
I originally applied for the position last year and my application was withdrawn due to a processing error stating I never turned up to interview, so aas a ways of apology they put me on reserve list. Over a year later and this happens. Its frustrating to say the least.
I originally applied for the position last year and my application was withdrawn due to a processing error stating I never turned up to interview, so aas a ways of apology they put me on reserve list. Over a year later and this happens. Its frustrating to say the least.

That would make me even more want to contact my MP. Sounds very very strange. They are perfectly within their right to withdraw you if you fail Access NI/ DBS or another legal reason they can account for BUT they legally need to be able to account for it.
They got back to me, just another processing error. This is the most stressful application I have ever been through, haha.
If I get the job, it will at least be worth it. lol
They got back to me, just another processing error. This is the most stressful application I have ever been through, haha.
If I get the job, it will at least be worth it. lol

glad they identified the error before it went too far. Hopefully your application gets processed in a timely manner now.....
Any movement anywhere?
Reply 313
Any movement anywhere?

I got an email with access NI pin today for Feb HO campaign. Got the DBS equivalent last Tuesday for the June HO campaign. Hopefully not too long until checks finish for me now for one of them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NMP16
I got an email with access NI pin today for Feb HO campaign. Got the DBS equivalent last Tuesday for the June HO campaign. Hopefully not too long until checks finish for me now for one of them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Happy days, fingers crossed! It's mad that you're waiting on the same role for campaigns with four months between them, lol. AccessNI are on the ball, quick turnaround of certifica, so shouldn't be long until "Your pre-employment checks have been satisfactorily completed" e-mail.
Reply 315
Happy days, fingers crossed! It's mad that you're waiting on the same role for campaigns with four months between them, lol. AccessNI are on the ball, quick turnaround of certifica, so shouldn't be long until "Your pre-employment checks have been satisfactorily completed" e-mail.

Thanks, I hope so! Was on the reserve list for the February one when the June one came out so thought it best to apply for that too. Any start date for you yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 316
Original post by NMP16
Thanks, I hope so! Was on the reserve list for the February one when the June one came out so thought it best to apply for that too. Any start date for you yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was thinking why wa and it taking so long as most February staff have started.

The internal post at the same time as June external 1320 are getting start dates at the moment.
Original post by NMP16

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately not, but hoping for news at end of week.
Original post by kezxo
Was thinking why wa and it taking so long as most February staff have started.

The internal post at the same time as June external 1320 are getting start dates at the moment.

Hi Kez, do those getting start dates include 1667 (ex TSP)? Fingers crossed, lol. I'm not even sure if 1667 was classed as internal or external, was transferred onto it from TSP. Doesn't really matter I suppose, just waiting for that date now!
Reply 319
Hi Kez, do those getting start dates include 1667 (ex TSP)? Fingers crossed, lol. I'm not even sure if 1667 was classed as internal or external, was transferred onto it from TSP. Doesn't really matter I suppose, just waiting for that date now!

Ive heard nothing about band O posts as yet and there's a girl in our office waiting to hear.

Latest

Trending

Trending