The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rooney dire since he's come on, Looks completely incapable of doing what has been asked from him.
Moreno on.

We've lost...
Not exactly riveting football, but being at Anfield and with Liverpool being the favourites, i'll take the point on this occasion.
Pogba is God damn awful, send him back to Italy.
This match was screaming for Mata but Mourinho was scared of losing this one.
Lmao. Think it's time for Sky to stop bumming Jose seen as he ruins all their showpiece games.
Original post by _Morsey_
Not exactly riveting football, but being at Anfield and with Liverpool being the favourites, i'll take the point on this occasion.

I know your plan was to defend but he only chance you had was the Zlatan header.

If our keepers were reversed, we probably would've won 2-0; DDG is simply world class and it's unreal how much we have to do just to score a goal against you.

Some may see it as a bad result for us, but considering the games we've played and the way the game panned out, I'm very content with the draw.
I absolutely despise how good DDG is, what a worldie. :colonhash:
Original post by Lúcio
I know your plan was to defend but he only chance you had was the Zlatan header.

If our keepers were reversed, we probably would've won 2-0; DDG is simply world class and it's unreal how much we have to do just to score a goal against you.

Some may see it as a bad result for us, but considering the games we've played and the way the game panned out, I'm very content with the draw.

why do you always use the keeper excuse smfh... :facepalm2:
Disappointed we didn't beat the scousers after we made them look piss poor for most of the game.

DDG=BAE.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by trapking
why do you always use the keeper excuse smfh... :facepalm2:

Because that's legitimately the only reason you didn't lose this game.

You played amazing today but we still got at you late on. No other keeper in the league is saving the Can effort, and no other keeper in the world - bar Neuer - is saving the Coutinho strike.

The difference Lallana makes is ridiculous - if he's not injured and starts the game, maybe it's a different result.
Zlatan should've finished that

Pogba terrible bar the cross for Zlatan

Valencia and Dave both great

Disappointed with Mourinho's subs, showed he had absolutely no intentions of trying to win what was a winnable game IMO
Pogba wanted that cross for the vine. Zlatan robbed him of it.

Surely he wasn't this wasteful in Ligue 1. Bring Griezzman in. Need a finisher.
Original post by Lúcio

You played amazing today but we still got at you late on. No other keeper in the league is saving the Can effort, and no other keeper in the world - bar Neuer - is saving the Coutinho strike.

No. You were simply not good enough (today) to completely break down our defense. This was a pure Mourinho "park the bus" type performance.

Liverpool fans logic....when you lose ----> blame goalkeeper (Mignolet or Karius for being incompetent)
when you can't score (especially when it's against us)-----> blame opposition for having a good goalkeeper.

Lets face it, the big clubs have good solid goalkeepers. No denying that DDG is bae tho.
Original post by Kenan and Kel

Disappointed with Mourinho's subs, showed he had absolutely no intentions of trying to win what was a winnable game IMO

he was frightened to lose...

if he lost this it would have been poisonous.
Reply 4055
Original post by Kenan and Kel

Mourinho away in a mother****ing nutshell.

He probably will do the same thing next week too.
Original post by trapking
No. You were simply not good enough (today) to completely break down our defense. This was a pure Mourinho "park the bus" type performance.

Liverpool fans logic....when you lose ----> blame goalkeeper (Mignolet or Karius for being incompetent)
when you can't score (especially when it's against us)-----> blame opposition for having a good goalkeeper.

Lets face it, the big clubs have good solid goalkeepers. No denying that DDG is bae tho.

We did get through your defence a few times - after Lallana came on. The difference he made is immense and he adds so much to us in an attacking sense. We were poor today and I don't believe anybody deserved to win, however even in our darkest hour we still got through you a few times.

It's not that is it though? Like I said, we were poor and we didn't "deserve" to win, but if you take those chances in isolation, very few keepers in the world are saving them.

The fact is that we were missing 2 of our midfield 3 and still matched you. That says a lot to me.
Original post by Lúcio
We did get through your defence a few times - after Lallana came on. The difference he made is immense and he adds so much to us in an attacking sense. We were poor today and I don't believe anybody deserved to win, however even in our darkest hour we still got through you a few times.

It's not that is it though? Like I said, we were poor and we didn't "deserve" to win, but if you take those chances in isolation, very few keepers in the world are saving them.

The fact is that we were missing 2 of our midfield 3 and still matched you. That says a lot to me.

You made a couple good passes through our defence but they were swiftly dealt with.

Face it, Klopp got Mourinho'd.
De Gea's save wasn't even all that. Guy does better one's on the regs. Light work.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
Because that's legitimately the only reason you didn't lose this game.

The difference Lallana makes is ridiculous - if he's not injured and starts the game, maybe it's a different result.

That second one wasn't that great, it just looked better because he went late and went with a harder technique.

Fair result, you were dreadful in the first half.

Original post by bammy jastard 27
Mourinho away in a mother****ing nutshell.

He probably will do the same thing next week too.

This man is very angry.

Latest