The Student Room Group

pls

Screenshot_1.pngCan someone who actually knows what they're doing check if I got that first question right, and help me on how to do the second please.
Original post by SeizureVictim
Screenshot_1.pngCan someone who actually knows what they're doing check if I got that first question right, and help me on how to do the second please.

You have calculated the correct mols of NaOH.

For Q2 you have to work out the number of mols of Cl2, and when you have that you simply multiply by 24 dm3 to get the volume. Hint: what is the molar ratio between Cl2 and NaOH from the equation?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
You have calculated the correct mols of Cl2 but your answer for the mols of NaOH is incorrect. Hint: what is the molar ratio between Cl2 and NaOH from the equation?

For Q2 you simply do 0.033 x 24 dm3 from the triangle you have written.

Not a clue mate, I'm quite sure its 1:2 but I don't know what to do with the ratio. Could you give how to work out the answer please?
Original post by SeizureVictim
Not a clue mate, I'm quite sure its 1:2 but I don't know what to do with the ratio. Could you give how to work out the answer please?

See my edited post. Your mols of NaOH are correct.

Okay, so you can see from the equation that for every 2 mols of NaOH you react 1 mol of Cl, therefore 2:1.

So if you have 0.033 mols of NaOH you simply divide it by 2 to get the mols of Cl, i.e. 0.0165

You then multiply this by 24 to get the volume in dm3
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
See my edited post. Your mols of NaOH are correct.

Okay, so you can see from the equation that for every 2 mols of NaOH you react 1 mol of Cl, therefore 2:1.

So if you have 0.033 mols of NaOH you simply divide it by 2 to get the mols of Cl, i.e. 0.0165

You then multiply this by 24 to get the volume in dm3

Oh okay, thanks
Screenshot_2.pngCan someone check the first question? Cause I think my mate got a different answer, but I'm not sure. If it is wrong can you give me the answer and method to work it out, seeing as this is revision and not homework. Also, can you give me the method for part (ii)

Quick Reply

Latest