The Student Room Group

Economics Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Buymoria
Sent off my application for econ on the 7th and got an offer from Bristol on the 13th (A*AA).
Only got an acknowledgment from Warwick so far (10/10/16)

What subjects do you do?
Original post by JRKinder
I would also like to know this.

-----

Sent off my application to Oxford, LSE, Warwick and Bristol on the 11th and have received acknowledgements from all, but no offers/rejections yet. Obviously Oxford are still waiting for the TSA and LSE take ages, but has anyone heard anything from Warwick or Bristol and if so when did you send in your application?

I've only had an acknowledgement from Warwick too, was a bit worried for a few days as they got back to me so quickly last year but I haven't found anyone with an offer from them yet (though granted I haven't been looking very hard). Hopefully they'll get back to us soon because I was counting on an offer/rejection from them ASAP so I can figure out my other choice, only Oxford and Warwick down at the moment.

Let me know if you hear anything from them please!
Original post by MajorFader
What subjects do you do?

Doing Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Chemistry (predicted all A*s bar an A in Chemistry).
Got all A's at AS including one in government and politics.
Original post by Buymoria
Sent off my application for econ on the 7th and got an offer from Bristol on the 13th (A*AA).
Only got an acknowledgment from Warwick so far (10/10/16)
6 days then, which means with a bit of luck they should be getting back to me around about now :biggrin:
Original post by felecita
I've only had an acknowledgement from Warwick too, was a bit worried for a few days as they got back to me so quickly last year but I haven't found anyone with an offer from them yet (though granted I haven't been looking very hard). Hopefully they'll get back to us soon because I was counting on an offer/rejection from them ASAP so I can figure out my other choice, only Oxford and Warwick down at the moment.

Yeah I haven't seen anyone with a Warwick offer so far. Last year they were either really quick or took exceedingly long, so hopefully it's not the latter this time around! Are you going for E&M or PPE at Oxford?

----

Also everyone, I just got another email from LSE asking for Maths UMS, so that part of my application is seemingly moving on a bit. I doubt they'll actually get to the offer/rejection stage for a good while yet though; they tend to make rounds of offers in December.
Yeah I haven't seen anyone with a Warwick offer so far. Last year they were either really quick or took exceedingly long, so hopefully it's not the latter this time around! Are you going for E&M or PPE at Oxford?

----

Also everyone, I just got another email from LSE asking for Maths UMS, so that part of my application is seemingly moving on a bit. I doubt they'll actually get to the offer/rejection stage for a good while yet though; they tend to make rounds of offers in December.

Did LSE ask for UMS only in Maths or did they ask for all the UMS you have, but you only had Maths?
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Did LSE ask for UMS only in Maths or did they ask for all the UMS you have, but you only had Maths?
They ask for UMS from each of the Maths units that you sat, and any Further Maths units if applicable. I just had to list my other subjects and what grade I got in it, no UMS needed for those.
They ask for UMS from each of the Maths units that you sat, and any Further Maths units if applicable. I just had to list my other subjects and what grade I got in it, no UMS needed for those.

Ok thank you :smile:
Original post by Ferrari fan
Have any economic applicants received an offer from Warwick?

Too early to get an offer for Economics in the top universities I think...

I got acknowledgement from all universities so far. (They all gave between 1-3 days after I applied).
Have LSE and UCL not emailed you yet?

By the way, in the LSE form, there is a part where they ask about our AS-Level grades in subjects other than Maths and Further Maths. Are we supposed to write our A-Level grades (if we have already done our A-Levels) or should we just write our AS-Level grades?
I feel like the form was written for students who have only done their AS, since they don't ask anything related to students who have already done their A-Levels. :biggrin:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fbiemad
I got acknowledgement from all universities so far. (They all gave between 1-3 days after I applied).

By the way, in the LSE form, there is a part where they ask about our AS-Level grades in subjects other than Maths and Further Maths. Are we supposed to write our A-Level grades (if we have already done our A-Levels) or should we just write our AS-Level grades?
I feel like the form was written for students who have only done their AS, since they don't ask anything related to students who have already done their A-Levels. :biggrin:

Spoiler

I already have my full A Levels too, so I put all my Maths units into the section specified (including A2), but only my AS grades for the others since that's what it asked. They'll see on UCAS anyway so I don't think it really matters - the important part of this form is the Maths UMS.
Original post by Fbiemad
Too early to get an offer for Economics in the top universities I think...

I had an offer from Warwick around this time last year so I wouldn't rule it out.

Original post by Fbiemad

Spoiler

Is this meant for me? I didn't apply to UCL or LSE. I don't know about the form, but I'd probably write all Maths/FM UMS.

Nope, haven't blocked it. I might have forgotten to reply, I'll check later today.
I had an offer from Warwick around this time last year so I wouldn't rule it out.

Is this meant for me? I didn't apply to UCL or LSE. I don't know about the form, but I'd probably write all Maths/FM UMS.

Nope, haven't blocked it. I might have forgotten to reply, I'll check later today.

Oh, no wonder everyone is asking about Warwick. That must have felt great last year :wink:

Which universities are you applying to? For what courses?
I thought you applied for Economics last year, so i was assuming its still the same, my bad. :smile:
I already have my full A Levels too, so I put all my Maths units into the section specified (including A2), but only my AS grades for the others since that's what it asked. They'll see on UCAS anyway so I don't think it really matters - the important part of this form is the Maths UMS.

Ok thanks. :smile:
Yeah, I also put all the Maths and Further Maths units I did. For other subjects, I emailed them to ask, but they haven't replied yet. I guess I will write the AS grade as well, since it might make it easier for them to compare me with other applicants and also because as you said, all my data is in UCAS anyway.
Has anyone else not received the form from LSE yet?
Guys, is the economics & business course at ucl competitive? whos applying from here?
Anyone applied for PPE?? If so, has anyone received offers?

Still waiting on them to decide..

Predicted: A*AA in History, Economics and Drama.GCSEs: 5A*s & 5A's.

Thanks!
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Has anyone else not received the form from LSE yet?
Just wait, they receive thousands upon thousands of applications for Economics as it's their flagship course. As long as you have the minimum predicted grades and a relevant PS (not even sure if this is checked at this stage), then you'll get an email asking for your UMS. You just have to be patient with university applications; last year they didn't even respond to some people until after December.
AS results: AAAA
A2 results: A*A*A*
Prospective Universities: UCL, KCL (new course for 2017, hmm), LSE, Bristol

I did further maths as a third not fourth a level as LSE request. 0 chance even bothering with LSE then or??
Reply 159
Got a uncon offer from Bristol today:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending