The Student Room Group

post graduate from a UK university Full time or Part time?

Hi my name is sadia im from pakistan. i want to get admission in uk uni preferably london uni for a post graduate course. im confused about a few things and need help. how should i study? full time or part time? im moving to london with my hubby and i will apply for a tier 4 student visa. i need to do a job to afford a private accommodation n other living costs during my academic period.
Original post by simrnz
Hi my name is sadia im from pakistan. i want to get admission in uk uni preferably london uni for a post graduate course. im confused about a few things and need help. how should i study? full time or part time? im moving to london with my hubby and i will apply for a tier 4 student visa. i need to do a job to afford a private accommodation n other living costs during my academic period.

Doing a post-graduate degree full time and working will be very difficult to manage... (also maybe try another forum if your question isn't specific to psychology)
Original post by simrnz

You really won't be able to do both. Look into scholarships or loans, maybe get a job doing 1-2 shifts a week.
Reply 3
Original post by Noodlzzz
You really won't be able to do both. Look into scholarships or loans, maybe get a job doing 1-2 shifts a week.

do they offer student loans to overseas ??
Original post by simrnz
do they offer student loans to overseas ??

no, but you might be able to get something from you bank.
Reply 5
oh you mean when i get a visa and get a bank account in UK i can immediately apply for a student loan ... ahan ... thats a good idea!!
Original post by simrnz
oh you mean when i get a visa and get a bank account in UK i can immediately apply for a student loan ... ahan ... thats a good idea!!

no... your bank in your home country might be able to provide you with a loan of some sort, I know UK banks do for UK residents.

Quick Reply

Latest