The Student Room Group

When you have a crush on someone you have no chance with

I have a major crush on this guy in my course at uni whom I have no chance with and have embarrassed myself in front of drunk as well to make matters worse. I've Had a crush on him for a year now and I know by this point nothing will happen.

What do you do when you like someone you have no chance with? I've tried doing hobbies, dating other guys, kissing other guys. But even when I'm with other guys all I think about is him and I compare them all to him :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I have a major crush on this guy in my course at uni whom I have no chance with and have embarrassed myself in front of drunk as well to make matters worse. I've Had a crush on him for a year now and I know by this point nothing will happen.

What do you do when you like someone you have no chance with? I've tried doing hobbies, dating other guys, kissing other guys. But even when I'm with other guys all I think about is him and I compare them all to him :frown:

Have you actually tried asking out for a drink or something?
Reply 2

Why do you think you have no chance if you don't ask him out? Do you text him? Do you speak to him at uni? If you're just admiring him from afar then of course you don't have a chance. Nevertheless, you'll never know unless you ask.

Ask him out for a drink or something. If you like him let him know, give him the signs (e.g. flirt/touch him when you're with him).
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
Why do you think you have no chance if you don't ask him out? Do you text him? Do you speak to him at uni? If you're just admiring him from afar then of course you don't have a chance. Nevertheless, you'll never know unless you ask.

Original post by trapking
Ask him out for a drink or something. If you like him let him know, give him the signs (e.g. flirt/touch him when you're with him).

I'm not in his friendship group or in any of his societies. I only see him in lectures (my friends and I don't sit near where he sits either) or in labs. There's no opportunity for me To go up to him and ask him for a drink
I'm not in his friendship group or in any of his societies. I only see him in lectures (my friends and I don't sit near where he sits either) or in labs. There's no opportunity for me To go up to him and ask him for a drink

you could ask him at the end of the lecture or add him on Facebook?

Everyone can relate

Quick Reply