The Student Room Group

HOW DO I PULL UP MY GRADES FROM DDE TO ABB (minimum)

D- OCR Biology
D-AQA Sociology
E- AQA Psychology
These are the grades i got during the summer for the official As exams. i wasn't expecting these grades at all since i was constantly working on A grades both in psych and soc except for biology. i need toget ABB at least to get into good law uni. ANY ADVICE ON HOW I CAN DO THIS ??
Original post by longking
D- OCR Biology
D-AQA Sociology
E- AQA Psychology
These are the grades i got during the summer for the official As exams. i wasn't expecting these grades at all since i was constantly working on A grades both in psych and soc except for biology. i need toget ABB at least to get into good law uni. ANY ADVICE ON HOW I CAN DO THIS ??

If those are the grades that are going to give your predicted grades for UCAS, you'll be lucky to get an offer from a good law uni. I'm sorry to be blunt, but it's not the likeliest scenario.

With regards to pulling up your grades, you should firstly talk to your teacher. The most likely scenarios for Sociology in particular are:

1. You don't know the content.
2. You aren't evaluating correctly.
3. You aren't answering the question.

Focus at all times on the question. Don't answer the question you want to answer. If the question is "Evaluate Marxist views on the family" then you need to underline the key words -- evaluate, Marxist and family. It sounds simple, but it is very easy to go off on a tangent talking about Marxist feminists, and then going onto feminists, and losing the trail completely.

With regards to the content, a really good way to get the top marks is to memorise it. Memorise case studies and sociologists and so on. Everyone says you can't do A-levels parrot-fashion, but in my experience you can pull up from an A to an A* by learning parrot-fashion. Learn some more obscure studies and read up on them so you can explain them in an exam.

As for evaluation, practise writing essays and give them to your teacher to mark. Make sure you always give a balanced essay where it's asked for.

Source: got an A* in Sociology last year
Reply 2
Cheat codes.
Practice exams. It sounds like you have fundamental issues in not knowing the core material.
Reply 4
ur ****d m9
D- OCR Biology
D-AQA Sociology
E- AQA Psychology

Is going from DDE to ABB in a year at all realistic, given the next set of exams is harder...?
focus dont relax
Do every past paper and revise like crazy. Went from a U at AS to an A in A2 chemistry so it's possible!
Reply 8
Original post by Reality Check
Is going from DDE to ABB in a year at all realistic, given the next set of exams is harder...?

Yes, because the As grades do not affect your overall grade in the Linear A-level
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes, because the As grades do not affect your overall grade in the Linear A-level

No, not from a technical point of view...from a conceptual point of view. Does it sound likely?

Quick Reply

Latest