The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lord Samosa
What if they ask you about something specifically? It's something I've always contemplated :redface:

Then you leg it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MuhammadDarcy
I went their once and they were giving me dirty looks 😕

:unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed::unimpressed:

Like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MuhammadDarcy
I went their once and they were giving me dirty looks 😕

Really why? 😮

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys what's the opinion on joining/creating different cultural societies in uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333
JZK :smile: more clear now. I feel like I am just adding on lol....but.....say....what if they ask and then you don't want to tell, what is the best way to go about this islamically? So sorry guys for confusing you. Smh me, it is probs something so simple.

Gooood :awesome: BarakAllahu Feeki <3
I am fine Alhamdulillah :biggrin: JZK.

Sis what you choose to conceal and reveal during the meeting is ultimately your decision. I was speaking about this to a friend the other day, she said that her husband had requested to see her hair lol (surprisingly that's islamically permissible for him for him to see) prior to the nikkah, well she said no and that was that eventhough its halal. They got married anyway and alhamdulilah for then both. If you're super confused I would advise you to contact some knowledgeable individuals on this issue, or even talk to sisters who are married. If i was in that position, I'd ask the question back or divert the subject somehow lol. Or not speak all together and get my dad to respond..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beautifulxxx
Sis what you choose to conceal and reveal during the meeting is ultimately your decision. I was speaking about this to a friend the other day, she said that her husband had requested to see her hair lol (surprisingly that's islamically permissible for him for him to see) prior to the nikkah, well she said no and that was that eventhough its halal. They got married anyway and alhamdulilah for then both. If you're super confused I would advise you to contact some knowledgeable individuals on this issue, or even talk to sisters who are married. If i was in that position, I'd ask the question back or divert the subject somehow lol. Or not speak all together and get my dad to respond..

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're allowed to show your hair before marriage if the guy wants to see it? I've never heard of that.
Do you have a source please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Guys what's the opinion on joining/creating different cultural societies in uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mean like a Pak Soc or something similar?
Original post by IdeasForLife
Do you mean like a Pak Soc or something similar?

Yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IdeasForLife
I recommend that you go to most of your lectures. I skipped most of mine in first year and that in turn made me lazy as hell.

what if you're not too lazy and you do all the work at home
Original post by HAnwar
You're allowed to show your hair before marriage if the guy wants to see it? I've never heard of that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure in shaa Allah I'll send them to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4171
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just looked on Islamqa and found this fatwa. it says its not permissible to see a womens hair but a man can look at a womens face and hands if it encourages him to marry her

https://islamqa.info/en/2572
Sure in shaa Allah I'll send them to you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok JZK.

Original post by mkap
Just looked on Islamqa and found this fatwa. it says its not permissible to see a womens hair but a man can look at a womens face and hands if it encourages him to marry her

https://islamqa.info/en/2572

That's what I was thinking too. Seems like the more correct opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leukocyte
Yep, that's why I shared it, it really helps sisters who have no self confidence + those with low self-esteem.

and brothers as well!

some of us have low self-esteem and confidence issues :frown:
Original post by HAnwar
Ok JZK.

That's what I was thinking too. Seems like the more correct opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah so I checked...and although the hadiths are there it basically depends on scholarly interpretations of those hadiths, and majority of scholars deem it incorrect. So i agree that's probably the accurate opinion, and Allah knows best.

So maybe we should go back to what you said and leg it😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4175
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Be like " I aint telling you jack mate" :biggrin:

Jokes.

I guess that is a difficult situation and ive never had that personally so I couldn't offer much advice.

:lol: I would never be able to do that to my husband, it would have to be something really really annoying.

Alhamdulillah I don't see myself landing in that situation insha'Allah. But there is someone who asked me as they had this concern and I said he does not need to know but then what if it counts as a lie and is necessary for him to know? You know honesty and trust from start kinda thing :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Showing hair before marriage? 😮 tbh I admire the fact she did not like masha'Allah she sounds so pious. Most girls nowadays if they know they are getting married to that person and is confirmed then they would show.
I am glad everything worked out for them Alhamdulillah.
Reply 4176
Original post by HAnwar
Then you leg it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:toofunny: you come up with the most awkward solutions.
I don't think it is impermissible to show hairs to a person genuinely interested in marrying you. But shyness and hayaa wins it, to be honest its really really hard to find shy women these days.
Original post by Leukocyte
Yep, that's why I shared it, it really helps sisters who have no self confidence + those with low self-esteem.

I wish I was a pretty girl. :cry:
Chapter 66 The fairness and the justice
الإنصاف والعدل

The Messenger of Allah s.a.w said: ‘Three characteristics, the one who has these in him, or even one of these, he would be in the Shade of the Throne of Allah (azwj)j on the Day when nothing will have the Shade (protection from the heat)

One does not prevent another man from a forward position or move backward except after knowing that his own moving forward is what Allah (azwj)Wants

A Muslim does not blame his Muslim brethren for a shortcoming until he removes such shortcoming from his own self; as soon one removes one defect from his soul another shortcoming and defect (becomes) known to him.

To occupied with correcting one’s own self is a full time occupation (to correct himself rather than finding faults with others)’.

عدة من أصحابنا ، عن أحمد بن محمد بن خالد ، عن إسماعيل بن مهران ، عن عثمان بن جبلة ، عن أبي جعفر عليه*السلام قال قال رسول الله صلى*الله*عليه*وآلهثلاث خصال من كن فيه أو واحدة منهن كان في ظل عرش الله يوم لا ظل إلا ظله رجل أعطى الناسمن نفسه ما هو سائلهم ورجل لم يقدم رجلا ولم يؤخر رجلا حتى يعلم أن ذلك لله رضا ورجل لم يعب أخاه المسلم بعيب حتى ينفي ذلك العيب عن نفسه فإنه لا ينفي منها عيبا إلا بدا له عيب وكفى بالمرء شغلا بنفسه عن الناس

Kitab Al Kafi

Latest

Trending

Trending