The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4120
Lol at mentioning defence when utd have conceded 1 less goal this season than chelsea btw.
Original post by samir12
Because Klopp was playing against a team worth over £150m who are supposedly challenging for the title, not some relegation dross that we should be beating as we have done against Hull and Swansea. It's not like this was Klopps strongest XI either.

But that's the attitude all your fans (and a few of your players) had before the game?

If we played like that at home the knives would be out for Mourinho and half the team. Mane was completely anonymous last night as was Sturridge - where's the media criticism?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4122
Original post by sr90
If we had 66% possession and only created 2 chances at home Mourinho would be slaughtered, yet not a word in the Liverpool biased media about their precious Klopp

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because thats against weaker teams not against big teams for united. When would a mourinho team have 66% possession against a strong team in the first place?
Original post by sr90
But that's the attitude all your fans (and a few of your players) had before the game?

If we played like that at home the knives would be out for Mourinho and half the team. Mane was completely anonymous last night as was Sturridge - where's the media criticism?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because we arn't going to knee jerk over one poor game when we have played well in the previous games, again it wasn't our strongest XI so there is no reason for the fans to be concerned atm. I would say Sturridge has been getting a fair bit of criticism from fans though. If we play like that against West Brom and the next few fixtures then there will be a reason for criticism and worry.

You guys have had probably one or two good games so far this season and the rest have been **** and grinding out wins against **** sides, thats the difference. There was a lot of hype about this United side with big signings of Pogba and Ibra, something which the media (which is biased to United as well as Liverpool) and the fans has been fawning over so expect a lot of criticism if the performances arn't up to scratch.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're thinking it's a worse result for us than it really is. There's only so much you can do against a parked bus, especially when they have experienced and competent defenders with a world class goalkeeper in behind.

The media is doing the media thing and hyping up Mourinho after getting...a draw.
We have 9 very winnable fixtures coming up (then Everton) - I would say we're very happy with our situation considering the calibre of teams we've already faced.
Original post by Lúcio

Even I am willing to admit that Liverpool will no doubt finish above us this season :/

You guys will definitely challenge for the title if you don't bottle it against the smaller sides. Against the big sides you've been very good.
Original post by trapking
Even I am willing to admit that Liverpool will no doubt finish above us this season :/

You guys will definitely challenge for the title if you don't bottle it against the smaller sides. Against the big sides you've been very good.

"If we don't bottle it against the smaller sides"

Our next 9 league games are against teams who you'd expect to finish 8th or lower this season. You'd expect us to have a few blips against the likes of WBA, Palace and maybe Soton, but the rest should be wins.

I don't think we'll challenge for the title but I'll be bitterly disappointed if we aren't in the top 4 after that run of fixtures.
Original post by Lúcio
"If we don't bottle it against the smaller sides"

Our next 9 league games are against teams who you'd expect to finish 8th or lower this season. You'd expect us to have a few blips against the likes of WBA, Palace and maybe Soton, but the rest should be wins.

I don't think we'll challenge for the title but I'll be bitterly disappointed if we aren't in the top 4 after that run of fixtures.

My dream is that Mkhitaryan, Pogba & Martial start hitting serious form then we will be top 4 easy!
Lol at United getting more stick for drawing with Liverpool than other teams that got slapped by them.

Original post by trapking
My dream is that Mkhitaryan, Pogba & Martial start hitting serious form then we will be top 4 easy!

Terrible mentality, dreaming for top 4 ffs
Original post by Dirtybit
Terrible mentality, dreaming for top 4 ffs

Well with the way we have been playing title hopes are bleak very bleak...

Also i'm still struggling to understand why Memphis isn't being picked (and Carrick tbf)...the guy is basically dead.
20 times! 20 times 20 times Man United 20 times 20 times I say 20 times 20 times Man United Playing Football The Jose Way

You guys sold your soul, sponsored by Pot Noodle, for this?

At least Jose at Chelsea got results, sponsored by Matalan.
Valencia best RB in the league
Reply 4132

Clyne, Walker and Bellerin would disagree pal!!!
Original post by Lúcio
Clyne, Walker and Bellerin would disagree pal!!!

1. You've never made a point about the team on their board, always in reflection to LFC. Ridiculous as you've 1 League Cup in a decade whilst spending about 100m a season.
2. You have no idea about football. The Albanian guy who caught a glimps of a screen on the back of a lorry, en route to Calais. He gets it more than you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4135
Original post by Zürich
1. You've never made a point about the team on their board, always in reflection to LFC. Ridiculous as you've 1 League Cup in a decade whilst spending about 100m a season.
2. You have no idea about football. The Albanian guy who caught a glimps of a screen on the back of a lorry, en route to Calais. He gets it more than you.

Arsenal fan talking about spending...

Classic :biggrin:
"Most fluid attack in the league who'll run rings around United" they said.

Under lock n key m8.
Original post by Rk2k14
"Most fluid attack in the league who'll run rings around United" they said.

Under lock n key m8.

They need to sip that cranberry juice :wink:

Latest