The Student Room Group

Whats everyones revision plans for half term?

Soo I know I have learning and revision to do but I'm not sure when and how I'm going to do it. What are you guys doing?

Scroll to see replies

I be doin' those assignments like they on a conveyor belt :h:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
I be doin' those assignments like they on a conveyor belt :h:

Good luck to you on that one:biggrin:
Original post by alevelssuck_
Good luck to you on that one:biggrin:

Thank you :smile:, good luck to you too.
Soo I know I have learning and revision to do but I'm not sure when and how I'm going to do it. What are you guys doing?
Go over S1, look at a bit of Physics and try n improve my programming skills lol :P How much I am acc going to do? I have no idea :P
Original post by hamza772000
Go over S1, look at a bit of Physics and try n improve my programming skills lol :P How much I am acc going to do? I have no idea :P

Loool well you better make sure you do some work or once you get back you'll regret it and it will become a habit during every break. TRUST ME on that one:h:
Loool well you better make sure you do some work or once you get back you'll regret it and it will become a habit during every break. TRUST ME on that one:h:
Yeah, I know haha, what year are you in btw? :smile:
Yeah, I know haha, what year are you in btw? :smile:

I should be at uni already but I failed of course lol. I'm in year 13 wbu?
I should be at uni already but I failed of course lol. I'm in year 13 wbu?
Aww :hugs: What subjects did you take/are taking?

I'm in year 12 started like 6 weeks ago, quite hard transitioning from GCSE to A level :/
Aww :hugs: What subjects did you take/are taking?

I'm in year 12 started like 6 weeks ago, quite hard transitioning from GCSE to A level :/

I've completed English Literature (final grade: B) and I am currently doing Econ, Psychology and Media and I'm predicted AAB. What are you studying?

Yeah the transition is quite pooey I must say. You just need to make sure that after your lesson just read over what you went through and possibly even make mind maps or flash cards to get ahead of your revision. Most importantly do not revise how you revised for GCSE because I've seen so many people fail by just reading the book and making little notes. Make sure you interact with your revision and do LOOOOADS of exam papers over and over and over again.

If you do that you should hopefully be on track for getting the best grades possible:tongue:
I've completed English Literature (final grade: B) and I am currently doing Econ, Psychology and Media and I'm predicted AAB. What are you studying?

Yeah the transition is quite pooey I must say. You just need to make sure that after your lesson just read over what you went through and possibly even make mind maps or flash cards to get ahead of your revision. Most importantly do not revise how you revised for GCSE because I've seen so many people fail by just reading the book and making little notes. Make sure you interact with your revision and do LOOOOADS of exam papers over and over and over again.

If you do that you should hopefully be on track for getting the best grades possible:tongue:
Oh, right :smile:
I'm doing Maths, FM, Physics and Comp Sci :smile:

"Pooey" haha :P

Thanks! yeah, it does require a lot of work, as you can't afford to forget anything lol and as I'm doing FM we go a lot faster in Maths, so if I don't understand something and leave it, before I know it, it'll be too late to acc have the time to fully look over that topic again :/

Hopefully :smile: Thanks again for the advice :smile: What do you plan to do at uni?
Maths everyday 6 hours. Then 1 of my subjects each day
p.s I wake up early

and repeat!
Very little, I would imagine... But if I can have fun and keep vaguely afloat at the same time, I'll call that a success :h:

Oh, right :smile:
I'm doing Maths, FM, Physics and Comp Sci :smile:

"Pooey" haha :P

Thanks! yeah, it does require a lot of work, as you can't afford to forget anything lol and as I'm doing FM we go a lot faster in Maths, so if I don't understand something and leave it, before I know it, it'll be too late to acc have the time to fully look over that topic again :/

Hopefully :smile: Thanks again for the advice :smile: What do you plan to do at uni?

Well you have a lot of work to do:K: I remember in the first year of year 12 I done maths and thought I would get a B quite easily. That is not the case I got a U lool. So if you don't understand something in that make sure to go to your teacher asap.

If you ever need advice I'm here:smile:.

I'm hoping to study Economics and Politics or just Pure Politics. Have you thought about what you want to study?
Well you have a lot of work to do:K: I remember in the first year of year 12 I done maths and thought I would get a B quite easily. That is not the case I got a U lool. So if you don't understand something in that make sure to go to your teacher asap.

If you ever need advice I'm here:smile:.

I'm hoping to study Economics and Politics or just Pure Politics. Have you thought about what you want to study?
Oh, sh*t damn, nah I'm comfortable with Maths, it's great, just FM is a bit fast lol, and yeah I have good teachers, that are always willing to help, thankfully :smile:

Aww, thanks! :h:

Oh, right sounds good! :smile: I'm not sure yet, but perhaps Engineering, software engineering maybe? as that would utilise my Computing knowledge at that time :P
Oh, sh*t damn, nah I'm comfortable with Maths, it's great, just FM is a bit fast lol, and yeah I have good teachers, that are always willing to help, thankfully :smile:

Aww, thanks! :h:

Oh, right sounds good! :smile: I'm not sure yet, but perhaps Engineering, software engineering maybe? as that would utilise my Computing knowledge at that time :P

I thought you would say something like that, make sure you go to work shops, events and maybe even a short summer school to show your dedication to either one of those as it will truly help your personal statement. Also its good to get the extra curricular stuff out of the way as soon as possible so you don't have to panic and rush about doing things at the start of year 13.
I thought you would say something like that, make sure you go to work shops, events and maybe even a short summer school to show your dedication to either one of those as it will truly help your personal statement. Also its good to get the extra curricular stuff out of the way as soon as possible so you don't have to panic and rush about doing things at the start of year 13.
Oh, yeah, at school we're making our CV etc. to get volunteering or work placement or summin so yh will definitely get into that soon, as well as visiting open days, did you do that?
Oh, yeah, at school we're making our CV etc. to get volunteering or work placement or summin so yh will definitely get into that soon, as well as visiting open days, did you do that?

I've been to visit one university which was Bristol as I thought of applying there and after my trip I decided it wasn't the right place for me. Once I start getting my offers I will go to the top 3 unis I would like to go to before making my firm and insurance choice. I wouldn't say you have to rush with open days but they are quite a good experience because you get to attend taster lectures which can give you some sort of idea whether you will be able to survive that course for 3 or even 4 years.

Volunteering is a bunch of bull in all honesty unless you want to be a nurse which you don't sooo its best if you get a work placement instead lol
Do all my AS bio revision at least :woohoo:
Nice thread! I think I'm going to link here from this article about half term revision :h:

Quick Reply

Latest