The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1760
Original post by tarakheradmand1
Has anyone heard from Durham, UCL, St Andrews, oxford or Imperial??
I've sent mine off two weeks ago and heard nothing :frown:

I'm on the same boat, I also applied to all those unis apart from Durham cause I went for Edinburgh instead. I've waited a week and haven't heard anything yet😅
Reply 1761
Original post by josephinekitten
None of my universities have replied to me yet, I applied to Cambridge, Edinburgh, St Andrews, Bristol and Birmingham for biological sciences. Everyone getting offers is making me nervous lol.

Don't worry, I'm also a biology applicant and haven't received any offers at all
Two unconditional to Birmingham!
What did you apply for? And how long did you have to wait? I've applied for 2 there too!
Original post by ellamaddiet
Two unconditional to Birmingham!
Original post by Melanie.elise
What did you apply for? And how long did you have to wait? I've applied for 2 there too!

I applied for:
Social Policy
Social Policy and Criminology

Got unconditionals for both!

Applied two weeks ago
image.jpegReceived 2 offers today from
Warwick and Kent for French and History!! 😊😊
Finally got offer from Warwick for history & politics for AAA. Seeing some peoples offer grades and the amount of time it took guess I wasn't exactly first choice lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know how long Hull or Bangor take to reply? Sent off my application for Marine Biology :biggrin:
Do uni's give offers during half terms?
Original post by Strimpy
Finally got offer from Warwick for history & politics for AAA. Seeing some peoples offer grades and the amount of time it took guess I wasn't exactly first choice lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you apply? I'm really worried I'm predicted more than they ask for and I have perfect grades I applied a week ago :s-smilie:
Original post by Lauren1498x
When did you apply? I'm really worried I'm predicted more than they ask for and I have perfect grades I applied a week ago :s-smilie:

Applied Oct 3rd so 2 weeks ago basically and yeh I was predicted 3A* as well lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jmalley1
I haven't had an acknowledgement from Stirling - but I have from the rest of my choices - which is slightly worrying.
Did you? Also, any offers yet?

No acknowledgement from Stirling, perhaps they just don't send one? They're the only ones that i haven't had an offer from.

Yes, offers from Swansea and Portsmouth. Do you have any?
Original post by Strimpy
Applied Oct 3rd so 2 weeks ago basically and yeh I was predicted 3A* as well lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from Scotland and they only ask for AA at advanced highers :/ idk what's going on i thought my personal statement was good so who knows what's happened
I'm from Scotland and they only ask for AA at advanced highers :/ idk what's going on i thought my personal statement was good so who knows what's happened

Lol my personal statement was so bad and apparently they make a LOT of offers at Warwick (seeing as so many people end up putting it as insurance) so pretty sure you'll get an offer if you're above entry requirements :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No offers from Bristol so far this week?
Original post by Strimpy
Lol my personal statement was so bad and apparently they make a LOT of offers at Warwick (seeing as so many people end up putting it as insurance) so pretty sure you'll get an offer if you're above entry requirements :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's made me feel a bit better hahah I was just wanting an early offer but it's only been a week
Original post by Moogle679
Do uni's give offers during half terms?

Universities don't have half-terms.

So yes, as as all staff (and students) will carry on as usual.
I applied a week ago

You could easily wait until the New Year or even April for an offer.
Original post by returnmigrant
You could easily wait until the New Year or even April for an offer.

I am awar of that however a number of people have received offers that have applied for the same course as I
I am awar of that however a number of people have received offers that have applied for the same course as I

All applications are assessed and ranked. Your application may be slightly further down the ranking list and you may have to wait a bit longer for a decision, especially if you have applied for a popular/competitive subject.

Latest

Trending

Trending