The Student Room Group

A-Level Psychology

I'm currently in year 11 doing my GCSE's and I'm on foundation tear maths.
I am doing the new courses for English and Maths meaning that I no longer have c-a* grades, it's no levels. I went to my schools Sixth Form open evening the other day and on the information sheet about psychology it mentioned that in order to do it I needed a B (or equivalent) in maths. It is impossible for me to move up to higher tear maths and on a foundation the highest possible grade is a C so at the moment I dont really know what I could do in order to get in to psychology. Do you recon that my school will still allow me to do A-Level Psychology even with a C (if i pass maths).
Original post by xsocietyxkillsx
I'm currently in year 11 doing my GCSE's and I'm on foundation tear maths.
I am doing the new courses for English and Maths meaning that I no longer have c-a* grades, it's no levels. I went to my schools Sixth Form open evening the other day and on the information sheet about psychology it mentioned that in order to do it I needed a B (or equivalent) in maths. It is impossible for me to move up to higher tear maths and on a foundation the highest possible grade is a C so at the moment I dont really know what I could do in order to get in to psychology. Do you recon that my school will still allow me to do A-Level Psychology even with a C (if i pass maths).

Try to get out of foundation if possible and ask your school if you can change as Summer 2017 entries as far as I know don't need to be in yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
i currently do a level psychology but i got an A in maths, i know a few people that weren't allowed on the course because they got a C but doing a level psychology does contain basic maths so if you struggle i wouldn't advise it tbh
Reply 3
I do AQA Psychology (new spec) and am in 2nd year. Maths is very basic and if you get a C at GCSE should be fine
Original post by SamLuxa
I do AQA Psychology (new spec) and am in 2nd year. Maths is very basic and if you get a C at GCSE should be fine

Thank You so so much
work hard in maths and try get repetitive C's in maths. then you can use your grades and get your parents to have a meeting with the school about changing into higher tier. i'm saying a parent has to get involved because my school are suckers when it comes to parents and they do anything the parents want lmao so if they think you're not capable, they can't say no because your parent thinks you are.
also remember that colleges do accept people with Cs, and sometimes sixth forms would let you in if you really tell them you want to enroll at this school particularly.

Quick Reply

Latest