The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Strathclyde applicants 2017!

Hey, is anybody else applying to Strathclyde? What course are you applying for? Have you already got offers? :smile: I'm applying for politics / international relations / economics, sent my application a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything from them besides the acknowledgment email.

Scroll to see replies

I'l be applying for 2017 entry. Strathclyde don't give offers until around March. I know this as i'm friends with older people who achieved top grades and were emailed telling them not to firm any other offers as they would receive an offer from Strathclyde, they just don't give them out early.
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Really? I got my offer through the other day for the Psychology course, BCC
Got this message on track
Original post by James_Donners
Got this message on track

Maybe it's just unconditional they hold back on, or it's different for you as you are outside Scotland? Regardless, congrats!
Reply 5
Congrats for your offer! Let's hope soon we'll get ones too :smile: I really wouldn't like to wait until March!
Cheers guys, was happy to get one in early, but it did come well and truly out of the blue! Hopefully you's get your own offers through soon!
I'm hoping to apply for Politics and IR but only have AAAB so concerned I might not get an offer as requirements are AAAA but who know worth a shot! Also noticed that someone on another thread think it was '2017 fastest and slowest replies' or something like that someone had AAAB and got rejected for history and education so they have definitely started looking at Scottish applications.
Reply 8
Original post by scottishgirl163
I'm hoping to apply for Politics and IR but only have AAAB so concerned I might not get an offer as requirements are AAAA but who know worth a shot! Also noticed that someone on another thread think it was '2017 fastest and slowest replies' or something like that someone had AAAB and got rejected for history and education so they have definitely started looking at Scottish applications.

It's worth a shot! Maybe your ps and reference will be so good that they'll give you an offer :smile: by the way I saw your message in another thread and noticed that we are applying to almost the same courses and universities!
Original post by mintiess
It's worth a shot! Maybe your ps and reference will be so good that they'll give you an offer :smile: by the way I saw your message in another thread and noticed that we are applying to almost the same courses and universities!

Ahh no way, where else are you applying too?
Reply 10
Ahh no way, where else are you applying too?

Glasgow, Dundee, Aberdeen and Stirling :biggrin:
Reply 11
Got an offer for English Law! AAB conditions :biggrin:

You will definitely get an offer, don't worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RossB1702
You will definitely get an offer, don't worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Subjects with education are highly competitive, I can assure you Strathclyde do not hand out offers for Scottish students until around February. They may assess and weed out weak candidates early but they do not make offers.
Original post by johnTroy1
Subjects with education are highly competitive, I can assure you Strathclyde do not hand out offers for Scottish students until around February. They may assess and weed out weak candidates early but they do not make offers.

I'm not sure what you're saying. This person has 3As and a B at higher, the entry requirements are 4As. She will 100% get an offer. Not everyone applying is gonna have 4As, probably not even a 1/4 will so she is doing relatively will in terms of results for this course. I never said she'd get an offer straight away I said she would definitely be made an offer. For example I have 2As and 2Bs at higher and I emailed the uni about the course I'm applying for which is 2As 3Bs/3As and a B and they said I would definitely receive an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RossB1702
I'm not sure what you're saying. This person has 3As and a B at higher, the entry requirements are 4As. She will 100% get an offer. Not everyone applying is gonna have 4As, probably not even a 1/4 will so she is doing relatively will in terms of results for this course. I never said she'd get an offer straight away I said she would definitely be made an offer. For example I have 2As and 2Bs at higher and I emailed the uni about the course I'm applying for which is 2As 3Bs/3As and a B and they said I would definitely receive an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't disagree with that part, I'm just stating that Scottish applicants won't receive offers until around February/March time.
Original post by johnTroy1
I didn't disagree with that part, I'm just stating that Scottish applicants won't receive offers until around February/March time.

Okay, all I said was she would get an offer I never mentioned when because I don't know that stuff. I'm not too sure on that fact though a few of my friends on facebook got offers in December.
Applying for product design engineering- only received acknowledgment email:frown:
Original post by cmoore44
Applying for product design engineering- only received acknowledgment email:frown:

That's the first email you get. They will give you an offer in the near future.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I sent my application over a month ago and still haven't got an offer (or rejection) :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending