The Student Room Group

Sudden revised personal statement...Help!

I just got an email from a university saying they would like a revised personal statement relating to pharmacy as my current one heavily focuses on dentistry. They have only given me two days and I have no idea as to what I should write because I've pretty much written it all in the one i sent away. Is it possible to tweak my current one so that it fits for pharmacy? Or do i need to write the whole thing again from scratch? Please help!
Reply 1
Original post by asqa123
I just got an email from a university saying they would like a revised personal statement relating to pharmacy as my current one heavily focuses on dentistry. They have only given me two days and I have no idea as to what I should write because I've pretty much written it all in the one i sent away. Is it possible to tweak my current one so that it fits for pharmacy? Or do i need to write the whole thing again from scratch? Please help!

Could try looking on the student room at the pharmacy personal statements?
That way you could get a feel for what it's like, but of course, don't copy any, just use it as a guide i guess.

Good luck!
Why would you apply to pharmacy course with a personal statement focused on dentistry!? You're actually quite luck they're letting you do it again, most uni's will just reject you!
Reply 3
Original post by asqa123

LOOOOL

you need to rewrite otherwise UCAS will plagiarise it
if you're not sending it through UCAS and just directly to the uni they said "revised" so that means you can use the same experiences just explain how it relates to pharmacy instead.

I'd call up to MAKE SURE

Original post by TheAlphaParticle
Why would you apply to pharmacy course with a personal statement focused on dentistry!? You're actually quite luck they're letting you do it again, most uni's will just reject you!

it's probably their fifth option, like many people apply to biomed with 3 or 4 choices in as medicine
Reply 4
Original post by TheAlphaParticle

It is my fifth option after applying to dentistry courses as I can only apply to four different courses for dentistry. Since, you're only allowed to send away one personal statement, it had to be based on dentistry
Reply 5
Original post by medhelp
LOOOOL

you need to rewrite otherwise UCAS will plagiarise it
if you're not sending it through UCAS and just directly to the uni they said "revised" so that means you can use the same experiences just explain how it relates to pharmacy instead.

I'd call up to MAKE SURE

They just told me to email them a revised statement relating to pharmacy, so not through UCAS
Reply 6
Original post by asqa123
They just told me to email them a revised statement relating to pharmacy, so not through UCAS

I highly doubt they would ask you to make a whole new statement in two days, as they said, revised, so edit your current one.
Reply 7
Original post by medhelp
I highly doubt they would ask you to make a whole new statement in two days, as they said, revised, so edit your current one.

Thank you so much! I just began to panic. As i only applied to 3 dentistry courses, I had to apply to 2 pharmacy courses and the other uni got back saying my application had gone through. No mention of needing to send another personal statement through
Reply 8
Original post by asqa123

You can just tweak the one that have already written if you are sending it directly to the university and not through UCAS.

Do you have Work Experience in a Pharmacy setting? If so, you should have plenty to write about. You should talk about why you are drawn to Pharmacy as a career, the importance of Pharmacists within the community, and how the degree blends both science and healthcare together.

Best of luck!
Reply 9
Original post by m_james
You can just tweak the one that have already written if you are sending it directly to the university and not through UCAS.

Do you have Work Experience in a Pharmacy setting? If so, you should have plenty to write about. You should talk about why you are drawn to Pharmacy as a career, the importance of Pharmacists within the community, and how the degree blends both science and healthcare together.

Best of luck!

Unfortunately no, I don't have any experience in a pharmacy since it was sort of a last minute choice. I'm so dead set on doing dentistry that i didn't consider going on placement for my second choice...which I am regretting now. Thank you so much!
so.. did you get in by tweaking it? ( i am kind of facing the same situation)
Reply 11
Original post by DannyPT2000
so.. did you get in by tweaking it? ( i am kind of facing the same situation)

Yes,I got an unconditional. All I did was take out parts heavily focusing on dentistry and related it all to a pharmacy environment. Good luck!
Nice one! Oh So you didn't have start again. I was worried because my personal statement is good and i don't want to do one all over again. Thank you !
Which university did you apply to for Pharmacy ?

Original post by asqa123
Yes,I got an unconditional. All I did was take out parts heavily focusing on dentistry and related it all to a pharmacy environment. Good luck!
Reply 14
I applied to Strathclyde, Robert Gordon and Huddersfield. Got into the last two but didn’t hear from Strathclyde since it was a conditional and I got into my first choice for dentistry.
Is it common for university to ask to revise the personal statement? In both your experience what wa stage response from the universities after revising your statements?

Latest