The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gkirk
One of my friends hasn't yet (and he's super good so will). It's a really competitive course so they will take awhile

Good luck to your friend. Out of interest what were his grades like?
Bath sent an offer for biochem today, too!
I got an unconditional offer from Royal Holloway last Friday :-) still waiting on all of the others eek!
Got an offer from Birmingham for theoretical physics and applied maths! :smile: Super happy and relieved. 4 to go, Cambridge, UCL, Bristol and Exeter...
Original post by sdpjohnson
I got an unconditional offer from Royal Holloway last Friday :-) still waiting on all of the others eek!

Have already got your grades? How did you get an Unconditional
4/5 people on Twitter just got an offer from Bath or Warwick today :'(((

Guess I'm not going to get an offer from them anytime soon lol :frown:

Anyone with an offer from Bath, Durham and Warwick for Econ??
Original post by jamestg

I got an unconditional from notts. So happy.

Now lse,ucl,warwick and kings left.
Recieved an offer from York for English ABB today !! :colondollar:
Original post by IcedArizona
Got an offer from Birmingham for theoretical physics and applied maths! :smile: Super happy and relieved. 4 to go, Cambridge, UCL, Bristol and Exeter...

Hey this was the top course right? A*A*A . What were your predicted and overalls like?
And how long did it take and are you international
How do you get unconditional offers??
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Anyone heard anything from Manchester for Law? That's the only one I might expect to hear back from before the 21st, because none of the LNAT unis will make any offers before then since that's when the LNAT scores are uploaded. :frown:

I haven't heard anything either
Took my teachers a long time to write references but today my application was finally finished and sent off! Fingers crossed that I get replies! Good luck to everyone! I cannot believe university is next year, school life has gone so quick! :smile:
Original post by nic0lar

Work hard,play hard.
Original post by jamestg

I have applied to Warwick and Bath for Economics also. I am waiting like yourself, I suspect that because of the courses competitive nature at both institutions they may take some time to respond. In the meantime good luck, I may see you at one of them!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nic0lar

Two options... being a genius, or already having the required grades :biggrin:
Original post by mazzaion
Two options... being a genius, or already having the required grades :biggrin:

Agreed, either fix up, or dont complain.
Original post by nic0lar

You have achieved A level grades before you apply.

Or you apply to a Uni that gives out unconditional offers like confetti to anyone who is upright and breathing (think - if they have to do this to fill their courses, would you really want to go there).
Original post by NatoHeadshot
Hey this was the top course right? A*A*A . What were your predicted and overalls like?
And how long did it take and are you international

Well idk the requierement was A*AA which is quite high I think (but it's not too unsual for maths and physics courses which tend to have high entry requirements). I'm studying in France so I'll be doing the French bac with international option. I am predicted an 18/20 (for comparison Cambridge's entry requirement for french students is 16/20 so A*A*A) with 19 in maths and 18 in physics.

The offer is conditional upon achieving 14 overall, 15 in maths and 14 in physics (so I think it should be alright). And it took a week or so but it appears as though they might have taken quite long to answer for that course cause I got a mail saying I may only get an answer after january as the course was highly competitive.

Hope this helped :smile:
If only my form tutor will write my reference soon, and then upload itto my application, so i can finally send it off.

So that i can finally get offers.
Original post by Ferrari fan
I have applied to Warwick and Bath for Economics also. I am waiting like yourself, I suspect that because of the courses competitive nature at both institutions they may take some time to respond. In the meantime good luck, I may see you at one of them!

Glad to see someone in the same position!

Good luck to you too! And I probably will :smile:

Where else have you applied?

Latest

Trending

Trending