The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h333
Well before nikah we are not allowed. Face, hands and feet are allowed as far as I know.
I agree SubhanAllah. Tbh I don't know how one can't be shy at all.

the problem is in todays world confidence has taken the shape of arrogance and pride.. and with these traits there is no place for shyness.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by beautifulxxx
Yeah so I checked...and although the hadiths are there it basically depends on scholarly interpretations of those hadiths, and majority of scholars deem it incorrect. So i agree that's probably the accurate opinion, and Allah knows best.

So maybe we should go back to what you said and leg it😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it doesn't make any sense.
Haha best option.

Original post by h333
:toofunny: you come up with the most practical solutions.

Fixed it for you.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Not sure about any rulings out there for those. I'd just go to their halal events and skip the haram ones.

What about taking part in making them? Isn't it linked to nationalism or am I just chatting rubbish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gr8wizard10
lol this is not serious, surely. i would never marry someone who i don't know what they look like. this is simple logic

Looking at the face is allowed, there's no disagreement on that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar

What about taking part in making them? Isn't it linked to nationalism or am I just chatting rubbish.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't take part in making them IRL purely because at some point or another, official soc events will take place which may be accepted by Pakistani culture/society but not by Islam. You might not have a direct hand in creating such events but you'd have had a hand in facilitating a platform on which you knew they would take place. I helped make something like this before and I didn't think it through before starting, eventually came to regret my participation.

I don't know about the nationalism aspect. You should ask a scholar.
(edited 7 years ago)

Doing good alhamdulillah, wbu? :beard:
Original post by IdeasForLife
Doing good alhamdulillah, wbu? :beard:

Yeahh im good alhamdulillah :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alhamdullilah, working day to day, and yourself brother?
Original post by Tawheed
Alhamdullilah, working day to day, and yourself brother?

Ahh okay & alhamdulillah :smile: how old are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chapter 29 The Nobilities
باب المكارم
The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said: ‘Shall I inform you about the best of your men?’ We said, ‘Yes, O Messenger of Allah!’

[Muhammed s.a.w replied] 'The best of your men is the pious, and the clean, and the forgiving of the hands, clean of the two sides (the mouth and also toilet cleanliness), the righteous with the parents, and does not leave his dependants to be a burden on others’

٧ ـ عدة من أصحابنا ، عن سهل بن زياد وعلي بن إبراهيم ، عن أبيه جميعا ، عن ابن محبوب ، عن ابن رئاب ، عن أبي حمزة ، عن جابر بن عبد الله قال قال رسول الله صلى*الله*عليه*وآله ألا أخبركم بخير رجالكم قلنا بلى يا رسول الله قال إن من خير رجالكم التقي النقي السمح الكفين النقي الطرفين البر بوالديه ولا يلجئ عياله إلى غيره.

[Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 ] [Grading: Hasan like Saheeh - Mirat Al Uqul]
(edited 7 years ago)
Reminder of the greatness of Muhammed s.a.w and the need to follow his Sunnah
Al Quran: "And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds."
Al Quran: "Lo! Allah and His angels shower blessings on the Prophet. O ye who believe! Ask blessings on him and salute him with a worthy salutation."
Al Quran: "Say, (O Muhammad, to mankind): If ye love Allah, follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."
Al Quran: "And verily, you (O Muhammad SAW) are on an exalted standard of character."
Al Quran: "There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often."

Amirul Mumineen, Ali ibn Abi Talib a.s is reported to have said, in nahjul Balagha: "Tread the course of the prophet (s.a.w) for it is the most distinguished course. Follow the sunnah of the prophet {pbuh} for it is the most right of all behaviours" and "Certainly in the prophet of Allah (pbuh) was a sufficient example for you and proof concerning the vices of this world , its defects, and the multitude of its disgraces and its evil"
Salams everyone. Hope you had a good day :smile:
What do you guys think of Habiba Da Silva's hijab line?
image.jpeg
Reply 4212
Original post by beautifulxxx
In shaa Allah :smile:Alhamdulilah well I learnt something new then, I'll tell my friends too because some are us are under the impression that it's okay.Lol same my mum forbids itPosted from TSR Mobile

I also found out about it recently :smile: Still so many people think it is fine because it seems so minor. It is so hard to convince some communities these days.

Original post by HAnwar

Fixed it for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Now I know not to take your advice regarding these issues :lol:

Original post by ak143244

Wa'alaykum Assalaam. Alhamdulillah. Hope you had a good day too :smile:
Original post by h333
I also found out about it recently :smile: Still so many people think it is fine because it seems so minor. It is so hard to convince some communities these days.

Yeah I'm okay alhamdullilah. Just tired like always.
How has your day been? It's been so cold lately. :frown:

Spoiler

Original post by h333
JZK :smile: more clear now. I feel like I am just adding on lol....but.....say....what if they ask and then you don't want to tell, what is the best way to go about this islamically? So sorry guys for confusing you. Smh me, it is probs something so simple.

Gooood :awesome: BarakAllahu Feeki <3
I am fine Alhamdulillah :biggrin: JZK.

https://youtu.be/LxFv0qVX0Qc
Reply 4215
Original post by Warrior Gene
the problem is in todays world confidence has taken the shape of arrogance and pride.. and with these traits there is no place for shyness.

Can't disagree tbh.....but it is more likely you will find hayaa in those that understand and appreciate Islam properly, insha'Allah. Keep optimistic :smile:
Original post by h333

Yep subhanAllah so true. We're more focused on pleasing people than our lord.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333
Well before nikah we are not allowed. Face, hands and feet are allowed as far as I know.
I agree SubhanAllah. Tbh I don't know how one can't be shy at all.

Is this for a fact? I watched a video where they said that of course you are allowed to show the head without the hijab before marriage and that some sahaba wanted to see even more
Original post by HAnwar
Guys what's the opinion on joining/creating different cultural societies in uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

One of my friends kept nagging me to join the Pak Soc and I did eventually. I didn't really see a point tbh, just puts you in a very haram environment. And most events which they planned included dancers + music to fundraise. I didn't fit in too lol

Original post by faith 101
and brothers as well!

some of us have low self-esteem and confidence issues :frown:

Yeah sorry I didn't mean it in that way, I know brothers have issues too, the video I posted was aimed at both genders, if you have time, watch it :smile:

Original post by Hydeman
I wish I was a pretty girl. :cry:

But you're a guy.

Original post by Ayaz789
As-salamu-alaykum everyone:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ak143244

Walaykum asalaam.
Is kitab al kafi (If I've written it correctly) the shia version of bukhari or kutub al-sitah (six books of hadith) or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest