The Student Room Group

Manchester University

How long does Manchester generally take to get back to you with an interview/offer?
Original post by emilysjohn
How long does Manchester generally take to get back to you with an interview/offer?

Is this for SLT? If so interview invites tend to come out from mid-Nov onwards
Reply 2
Original post by AmyPilot
Is this for SLT? If so interview invites tend to come out from mid-Nov onwards

Ohhh okay thanks! Do you know how long other universities for SLT take (specifcally Reading, City University London, UEA and St Mark & St John's)?
Ohhh okay thanks! Do you know how long other universities for SLT take (specifcally Reading, City University London, UEA and St Mark & St John's)?

I didn't apply to any of those other unis but from past experience (I actually applied in 2014 so just started my third year - yikes) they all usually work to similar timescales
Reply 4
I didn't apply to any of those other unis but from past experience (I actually applied in 2014 so just started my third year - yikes) they all usually work to similar timescales

Sorry for all the questions haha but which uni did you choose? How are you finding the course and what was the Manchester interview like?
Sorry for all the questions haha but which uni did you choose? How are you finding the course and what was the Manchester interview like?

It's no problem - ask away!

I am at MMU but I study a joint honours course - speech therapy and psychology which they don't offer anymore. Manchester Uni was my insurance choice. I also applied to Leeds and Sheffield.

Can't really comment on the interview process as they changed it quite a lot last year but they do all tend to involve a written section and either a face to face or group activity. It's not as scary as it sounds - you just need to read up about the role of an SLT and maybe some aspects of working for the NHS - NHS website and professional websites are good sources.

The course is hectic at times but very interesting and varied.

Quite surprised that there isn't a sticky thread this year for SLT applicants - the support we gave each other on there was invaluable when I applied.
Reply 6
It's no problem - ask away!

I am at MMU but I study a joint honours course - speech therapy and psychology which they don't offer anymore. Manchester Uni was my insurance choice. I also applied to Leeds and Sheffield.

Can't really comment on the interview process as they changed it quite a lot last year but they do all tend to involve a written section and either a face to face or group activity. It's not as scary as it sounds - you just need to read up about the role of an SLT and maybe some aspects of working for the NHS - NHS website and professional websites are good sources.

The course is hectic at times but very interesting and varied.

Quite surprised that there isn't a sticky thread this year for SLT applicants - the support we gave each other on there was invaluable when I applied.

Thank you so much for your help!
Reply 7
Does anybody know what the interview process in like at Manchester?

Quick Reply

Latest