The Student Room Group

Muslim Girls: What did you think of #NoHijabDay on twitter?

Scroll to see replies

Not too bad, could use more dragons though.
Reply 2
lmao people say the hijab is oppression (even though most girls choose to wear it themselves) yet society oppresses women making them feel like they cant wear what they choose to by coming out with no hijab days.
(edited 7 years ago)
Dumb **** in my opinion
Original post by RDKGames
Not too bad, could use more dragons though.

:colonhash:
Reply 5
looool what the hell how can you just take it off for one day m8
Original post by PrincessBO$$
:colonhash:

Ah yes, your infamous reply that I was expecting. You did not disappoint, well done. :smile:
Original post by medhelp
looool what the hell how can you just take it off for one day m8

To be in solidarity for women who feel 'opressed for wearing hijab' :colonhash:
I got this from various twitter users who participated.
Original post by RDKGames
Ah yes, your infamous reply that I was expecting. You did not disappoint, well done. :smile:

:kiss: Ofcourse :h:
Reply 9
Original post by PrincessBO$$
To be in solidarity for women who feel 'opressed for wearing hijab' :colonhash:
I got this from various twitter users who participated.

I don't understand how that helps lol that's just violating yourself
The women who feel oppressed can take off their own hijab

lol those who participated just wanted to upload their bomb-ass non hijab selfies that they couldn't attention seek with before
attention seeking at its finest.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mkap
lmao people say the hijab is oppression (even though most girls choose to wear it themselves) (1) yet society oppresses women making them feel like they cant wear what they choose to by coming out with no hijab days (2).

The Hijab is a symbol of female oppression, as the rationale behind its introduction in Islam, is, essentially, sexist. Saying that women should be modest, and men do not have to be to that extent, is sexist.

I wouldn't call that oppression, few people are suggesting that one should not wear the hijab if they want to.

(edited 7 years ago)
Looking at the tweets under that hashtag, it doesn't look like it's forceful, (in fact: I'll say it's not) like many are implying. It seems people are simply dismissing criticism.

In fact, most people tweeting under the hashtag, are in opposition of the hashtag.
****ing ridiculous
Original post by Lord Samosa
****ing ridiculous

Original post by sameehaiqbal
Dumb **** in my opinion

Why?
Makes no sense to expect Muslim women to join in on this, if wearing a Hijab is a requirement then why on earth would a woman that considers herself Muslim want to embrace something that goes against it?

it's one thing to not wear one and potentially sin, its another to celebrate the fact you're going against it. Pretty much saying **** you to the religion.
Original post by _gcx
Why?

If anything, it's a brave move to wear a hijab in this country, given how people judge and look at you. I don't see why encouraging people to take it off is helpful in any way. It's their right to wear it and should do if they want to.
Original post by _gcx

The Hijab is a symbol of female oppression, as the rationale behind its introduction in Islam, is, essentially, sexist. Saying that women should be modest, and men do not have to be, is sexist.

I wouldn't call that oppression, few people are suggesting that one should not wear the hijab if they want to.

False. Men also need to be modest.
Reply 18
Embarrassing and shameful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _gcx

The Hijab is a symbol of female oppression, as the rationale behind its introduction in Islam, is, essentially, sexist. Saying that women should be modest, and men do not have to be, is sexist.

Men also have rules such as no shorts that show above the knees, can't wear women stuff like women jewellery aswell, and I read that its haram to wear something that promotes vanity. Look at the cultures what males wear in Saudi Arabia they are also pretty much covering hair and the clothes aren't tight etc.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest