The Student Room Group

I lived in 3 countries and speak their languages AMA

I lived in Russia, Belgium and England and studied at their schools so I managed to learn 3 languages and I speak them fluently. Ask me stuffffs :P

Scroll to see replies

where in russia?
Reply 2
That's lucky imo, did you enjoy moving to different countries while growing up?
Original post by prostheticzeta
I lived in Russia, Belgium and England and studied at their schools so I managed to learn 3 languages and I speak them fluently. Ask me stuffffs :P

You would know four if you were truly badass.
Original post by homeland.lsw
where in russia?

Omsk, in Siberia :smile:
Dzien dobry
Original post by Rhaenys10
You would know four if you were truly badass.

I used to speak French quite well but I forgot it as I really hated it as a kid, I do regret it now
How old are you and how long did you stay in each country?
Reply 8
What caused the fall of the USSR?
Original post by finlay4
That's lucky imo, did you enjoy moving to different countries while growing up?

I loved it ! I especially loved switching schools, idk why, pretty sure kids usually hate switching school cause they leave their friends behind. It didnt really bother me and I stay in contact with most of them :smile:
You also get to try a lot of different cuisines which is amazing cause food is life
How long did it take you to learn 1 language and all of them?
Original post by Blackstarr
How old are you and how long did you stay in each country?

I was born in Russia and moved out to Belgium when I was nine. I lived in Belgium for 3 years and 4 months. Moved to England in 2010 :smile: I am 19 in a month
Original post by UWS

global warming
sounds truly amazing when you say it, it is the same case with me :smile: Poland, Spain and now England. How did you adapt? Was it a challenge? How old are you when you were moving from country to country? omg so sorry for throwing questions at you :s
Original post by UWS

I always see you posting random unrelated questions in these AMA threads lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Defraction
How long did it take you to learn 1 language and all of them?

Russian wasnt a problem as it is my mother tongue. However, Dutch took me about 6 months to learn ( I was silent the entire time until someone decided to bully me so I had a right go at them and everyone was like woah, she can speak Dutch) It took a lot of dedication and long hours of work (for a nine year old) it was worth it in the end though :smile:
English didn't take long either, I was obsessed wiht MCR and green day so I was always listening to english songs. It took me about 4 months to be able to write essays for English and history ;P
Ow wow I lived in two countries and speak three of their lauguages and and extra one I learn my self
buy me a drink first
Original post by aliencreature
sounds truly amazing when you say it, it is the same case with me :smile: Poland, Spain and now England. How did you adapt? Was it a challenge? How old are you when you were moving from country to country? omg so sorry for throwing questions at you :s

nooo dont be sorry xD this is the reason why i decided to post this on TSR!!! I adapted well!! Took me a while to learn European culture though !! A never seen / met a black / gay person, and coming from a traditional russian family, it has taken a lot of arguments to teach my parents no to be homophobic/ racist xD I was 9 when i moved out of russian, 13 when I moved out of belgium :smile:
what about you??????
what languages do you speak at home?

Do you mix languages toghether when you speak e.g. one sentence in Russian, one word in Dutch and then finidh off the rest in English?

Quick Reply

Latest