The Student Room Group

Keele Medicine Entry 2017

Scroll to see replies

Do they check all your references for the roles and responsibilities form?*
When do they start interviewing.
They are aware that A*AA is high and with no data to predict this new A level, and the applications submitted, most who achieve AAA will get through. Forth A level no longer counts
On the email it says 160hours will be given maximum credit. Is that from one experience only or across 4 experiences?*
Those grades may not be achieved by most of the applicants as its a new spec A level,they are aware that most applicants will be AAA.
Forth A not to be used,ans even AS not to be used
Original post by ellen111
Do they check all your references for the roles and responsibilities form?*

No they don't ,unless they suspect that you are cheating ,or you are claiming to have done something that is illegal ,or some operation like you assisted in a bypass hahaha
Original post by BadLashes
When do they start interviewing.

December to March ,in no particular order. If they call you late, doesn't mean your application is poor , just logistics.. So no response is good news
On the email it says 160hours will be given maximum credit. Is that from one experience only or across 4 experiences?*

All experience.. you realise 160 hours is only 4 weeks of full time employment.
This makes UG not to be disadvantaged, for any graduate doing HCA work full time, it would be equivalent to a student volunteering every Saturday.
I asked him if this R&R doesn't disadvantage UG and he said that they know that and will be expecting the students to jot down whatever experience, even from school

160 is only 4 weeks of full time employment.. same as volunteering every Saturday for an year
I didn't get my roles and responsibilities form sent to me. I will call them tomorrow ASAP but I'm really stressing about this. Anyone else in the same position??

Ps. I've definitely met and exceeded the screening criteria.
Any graduates applying to Keele?
Reply 31
Original post by Chocoholic20
Any graduates applying to Keele?

I am a grad, what did you graduate in?
Original post by Arch1
I am a grad, what did you graduate in?

Hey I haven't graduated yet I'm in my final year of a physiology degree.

What have you graduated in? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Hey I haven't graduated yet I'm in my final year of a physiology degree.

What have you graduated in? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right nice one, I did a biomed degree at Newcastle. Have you started filling out the R&R form?? started mine today
Original post by Arch1
Oh right nice one, I did a biomed degree at Newcastle. Have you started filling out the R&R form?? started mine today

I had a look at it yesterday but I haven't actually started writing anything.

Do you think it's worth putting down something I did three years ago if it was a really great healthcare experience?

Or should I stick with non healthcare things that I've done more recently ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by aspiringmedic178
Hello there. If you are interested in applying to Keele or has already done so feel free to share your stats, any questions or advice.

My question is how does Keele look at the UKCAT?

hi there,
i'm an eu student, i have 90% predicted in advanced english language, biology and chemistry in the polish finals, scored 1960 in the ukcat, do you think my chances are real? plus i undertook some work experience... any advice? is that true that keele is strict against eu applicants?

thanks in advance! :smile:
Reply 36
I had a look at it yesterday but I haven't actually started writing anything.

Do you think it's worth putting down something I did three years ago if it was a really great healthcare experience?

Or should I stick with non healthcare things that I've done more recently ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm having the same issue deciding on what to write about! If I was you i'd go for the healthcare experience as Keele seem quite keen on that and it does say preferably in the last three years so you should be fine.

Finding it hard to get everything down into the character limit and the questions are a bit awkward with all the little details they want
for the r&r form is it 1100 including spaces? it says 1100 (about 200 including spaces) but i have 196 words and thats 1248 characters with spaces... I'm soo confused
Reply 38
for the r&r form is it 1100 including spaces? it says 1100 (about 200 including spaces) but i have 196 words and thats 1248 characters with spaces... I'm soo confused

It's a maximum of 1100 characters including spaces for questions 1 and 2 then a maximum of 850 characters including spaces for the third question. Don't worry about the word count, it's about the characters.
Reply 39
Original post by Arch1
I'm having the same issue deciding on what to write about! If I was you i'd go for the healthcare experience as Keele seem quite keen on that and it does say preferably in the last three years so you should be fine.

Finding it hard to get everything down into the character limit and the questions are a bit awkward with all the little details they want

I'm in the same position as you two but final year Pharmacy student. Have excellent voluntary work with an individual but more than three years ago. All my other experiences have generally been with a variety of people and not a particular individual. Any thoughts?

Quick Reply